Any distinctions between Candida Fungus Skin Infection vs Internal Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Any distinctions between Candida Fungus Skin Infection vs Internal Candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Are there distinctions between Candida Fungus Skin Infection vs Internal Candida?

My Genova GI Effects Test did not show Candida! And multiple dermatologist have Dx as Seborrheic Dermatitis so since 2005 I’ve been suffering with rashes that would come and go. I’d been cleaning up my diet for years but went on vacation last spring and fell off the wagon with regard to sweets. For the past years I’d had rashes (I thought were Seb Derm) improve with Salt Baths. I’ve alway suspected candida since once before I took an antifungal and it cleared for a while and antifungal foods have caused flair ups before.

Today I saw a new nurse practitioner who is holistic and studied at Bastyr. She Dx my rashes as Candida Fungus Skin Infection and wants me to treat with Low carb diet and One 150 mg tablet of Fluconazole and body application of Ketoconazole shampoo every 2 to 3 days.

I’ve been better but not cured by any means taking Pure Essence Labs Candex and Salt Baths. I know I’ve got to get off the sweets and go low carb seriously targeting Candida but just wondering if Skin is treated any differently than Internal Candida?

I’m Hesitant to do the Fluconazole Tablet and the Ketoconazole first but began a Whole30/Ketogenic type diet a few hours ago.
    I also have the Candex and a passel of Antifungals on hand that I can use. I just need to get an applicable Protocol ironed out.

Anyone suggest using or avoiding the prescription drugs?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My ND does not recommend Rx antifungals (even though he can prescribe them) because he believes it causes the yeast to go deeper in the body and this can cause greater problems and is harder to target. I believe he specifically used genital yeast problems as an example where it caused the yeast to go deeper into the kidneys and this caused genital yeast problems that are harder to remedy.

But some people experience “cures” with prescription antifungals. I would say based on my general knowledge of people visiting this forum, it has maybe 50% success rate or less.

The alternative to rx antifungals includes more natural ones such as SF722. fatty acids, etc. or also known as the biofilm protocol.

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/

It all comes down to what method you want to do to get better and diagnosing your current bodily conditions and figuring out best remedy. I recently started chelation after all of the other methods and feel really good from it, so mercury is definitely something I have going on that is affecting everything else.

In general you should expect a long term recovery time and the skin conditions are likely not related to yeast problems by itself because a variety of things (bodily conditions) likely caused the yeast problem. Also you should expect your skin problems to temporarily get worse with the antifungal and if you do take it, be sure to have a detox plan in conjunction with any rx antifungal. If you don’t do the diet, it’ll be harder to get better.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Take great care when starting chelation. It has many side effects, some of which only manifest their ugly consequences after a long time.

You really do have to take adequate countermeasures in order to undo the harm that’s caused by the chelation chemicals.

Rabelais

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Hi Raster — Thank you for sharing that!!!
    I have SF722 and will consider that and my stricter diet instead- 50/50 for the drugs huh ? well at this point just can’t seem to bring myself to use the pharmaceuticals.

Do you happen to know anything about using some of the following for Candida?
    -d-mannose
    -Black Seed Oil
    -Avoiding high pH drinking water

Also you did not comment on Candex? What do you know about it?

Back in the 70’s my Mother took my daddy to have chelation done for his Alzheimer’s condition and while it did not cure him He seemed a little better cognitively after treatments. Don’t think I want to try Chelation. My holistic dentist wants to me to have 4 root canaled teeth pulled for my health and well, I’m not ready for that either. She did not detect any mercury in my mouth when she tested me but all of my amalgam fillings were slowly removed over the years (sadly not carefully by holistic biological dentists) but at least my hair analysis and a Genova Cardio Ion test showed low mercury in my system. I have a nutritionist who reminds me that low is mercury is still not good. Perhaps that’s why I crave cilantro- I hear it helps detox heavy metals.

My rashes began in 2005 after I went to a Vegan retreat where we did a bunch of soaks and ate a lot of fruit. I was Dx with hypothyroidism later that year. I’ve tried to correlate my issues to that retreat but the truth is I had many former years of eating sugar and poor life style decisions that had to be factors.

While I believe in leaning on the Grace of God I think His people can perish from lack of knowledge and I believe that as we sow so shall we reap. I seek to make better choices.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My ND recommends not drinking high PH water (alkaline water) but he has this fancy water that is like $32/liter that he recommends (you just drink a small amount at a time).

D-manose is something that was mentioned on this forum but don’t know much about it.

I would look at some of dvjorge’s post and would look into the anti-candida hyposensitization shots as an alternative to rx antifungals.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Drinking high pH water is useless at best, detrimental to your system if you’re less lucky. There are other threads on this forum with detailed explanations of the reasons.

Drinking low pH water is useless at best, but has only minor detrimental effects if you’re less lucky.

Rabelais

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any distinctions between Candida Fungus Skin Infection vs Internal Candida?’ is closed to new replies.