Antifungals and Probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antifungals and Probiotics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

I am finally purchasing antifungals this week! I’ve only been taking coconut oil and garlic so far. This is what I’ll be getting:

oregano oil
    caprylic acid
    black walnut
    pau d’arco

Is it redundant to purchase caprylic acid if I’m already taking coconut oil? Any recommendations on other antifungals? I may not purchase pau d’arco tablets and get tea instead as the weather is getting colder.

I am also stopping Threelac and checking around for a better probiotic. Would love any recommendations there also 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Pina.

About the list of antifungals that you’re interested in; you don’t need to purchase the Caprylic acid at all because you’re already taking it since it’s a part of the composition of coconut oil, so there’s no use in wasting your money on the capsules.

Frankly I wouldn’t waste my money on Pau d’arco either. There are no research reports which show that it has a long-lasting effect on the Candida. Also, it’s used as a blood thinner, so if you’re going to use it, you should speak to your doctor about it first. The combination of Pau d’arco and psyllium husks has caused severe bleeding from the intestines in some users. Reason being, the psyllium husks are sharp and hard, and even the powder form can contain tiny, sharp shards of the husks. These can cause small lacerations as they pass through the intestines and the Pau d’arco can cause access bleeding from the lacerations. A somewhat rare side effect of Pau d’arco is a pinkish color to the urine, which as you can imagine certainly is not a positive sign.

ThreeLac is also a waste of money. So as far as a probiotic is concerned, Ultimate Flora Critical Colon is an excellent probiotic. Since you’ve been taking a little already, I would start with Ultimate Flora Critical Colon BifidoMAX 50 Billion count. Taking one capsule a day for ten days to two weeks, then moving up to two capsules, one morning and one at night on an empty stomach should work well. After another few weeks you could move up to three pills a day. Always take the capsules on an empty stomach, at least one hour before meals or two hours after. Taking it early in the morning well before breakfast or late at night are the best choices as far as a time.

Since you’re already taking coconut oil (which is a great idea) plus the garlic, I would go ahead and add the probiotic next. But before you purchase this, let me know how much of the coconut oil you’re taking at this time.

I assume you’ve already read the post “Die-off Dangers” and are aware of the products which will make this easier to get through.

Thanks, Able

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Thanks Able, for your input. I decided to just keep on with the coconut oil and garlic then. I have also heard about not drinking pau d’arco more than once a day, so I guess better safe than sorry, I will avoid it.

I was recommended Ohhira’s probiotics, but will try the one you recommended this time. I noticed they had an 80 and 200 billion count — did you upgrade after 30 days on the 50 billion? Or did you just stick to the 50 billion throughout?

I’ve been taking 3 tablespoons (the kind you eat with, not the measuring kind haha) of coconut oil a day. I had die-off reactions in the beginning, but I think they were also a combination of carb, sugar, and caffeine withdrawal too. I haven’t had very bad die-off experiences since which made me wonder if I should start other antifungals.

Thanks again for your input! I put in my order on Amazon along with coconut flour, am excited to receive it!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Pina.

In most cases it isn’t necessary to go over an 80-billion count probiotic taken twice a day (once you’ve worked up to this amount).

I wouldn’t add a different antifungal yet, as all you need to do is to raise the amount of coconut oil to perhaps 5 teaspoons a day for a while. You can go up to 4 spoons the first day if you wish to raise the amount slowly. You can go as high as from 12 to 16 teaspoons a day with this. Expect more die-off symptoms as you add additional amounts. Coconut oil and the probiotic are and will always be the two main weapons in your treatment.

The coconut bread should be a definite plus to your diet. Good move.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I second removing paul d’arco…it really hasn’t helped me improve that much.

undecylenic acid is six times stronger than coconut oil and it can really help heal your body; I recommend this as an alternative if you don’t want to use a ton of coconut oil.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Antifungals and Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.