Antifungals and liver care… how longer?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antifungals and liver care… how longer?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Alizia
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello, I’m a candid newbie at this forum. I’m from Spain as well, so I hope you can forgive my so-so English 😛

My mother and I are both fighting candida; she has been affected way longer than me and doesn’t seem to be reacting as good as me to our cares.
    I know that we need to keep the diet care from 6 to 18 months minimum. We’ve been on it for aprox. 5 months now with different results as I said.

We are a bit lost regarding methods despite all I’ve been reading, so I hope you can help me here:

1. I know we should keep on the diet a few months more, but do we have to keep on antifungals as well all the way to the end? Or should antifungals be taken only during the first 2-3 months?

2. Same for liver caring: do we need to keep on them all the time while we are on the diet?

3. In “The basics” post I’ve read the 3 steps regarding the anticandid diet. There it says that about a couple or 3 months you can start reintroducing some foods…
    We’ve been about 5 months on a fully restricted diet + antifungals + liver carings + pro/prebiotics by now, but as I previously said, my mum still has evident candida symptoms (discomfort and burning on her tongue and throat), so… should she try reintroducing some food anyway? Or must she wait until no symptoms are showed (which I don’t think is gonna happen, ever 🙁 ?

4. Is it safe to take milk thistle and green nettle together, or should we keep them one at a time?
    Also, we’be been on molybdenum but neither she or me felt well with it… Can milk thistle and/or nettle be a substitute for it, or do they ALL need to be taken?

5. Despite all of the cares, we feel tired and drowsy most of the time (due to a lack of carbohydrate, I guess?) Are there any tips to avoid feeling like that all the time?

Thank you so very much in advance for taking the time to read all my questions! Any help/advices would be much appreciated!!! 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Alizia;59908 wrote: Hello, I’m a candid newbie at this forum. I’m from Spain as well, so I hope you can forgive my so-so English 😛

My mother and I are both fighting candida; she has been affected way longer than me and doesn’t seem to be reacting as good as me to our cares.
    I know that we need to keep the diet care from 6 to 18 months minimum. We’ve been on it for aprox. 5 months now with different results as I said.

We are a bit lost regarding methods despite all I’ve been reading, so I hope you can help me here:

1. I know we should keep on the diet a few months more, but do we have to keep on antifungals as well all the way to the end? Or should antifungals be taken only during the first 2-3 months?

2. Same for liver caring: do we need to keep on them all the time while we are on the diet?

3. In “The basics” post I’ve read the 3 steps regarding the anticandid diet. There it says that about a couple or 3 months you can start reintroducing some foods…
    We’ve been about 5 months on a fully restricted diet + antifungals + liver carings + pro/prebiotics by now, but as I previously said, my mum still has evident candida symptoms (discomfort and burning on her tongue and throat), so… should she try reintroducing some food anyway? Or must she wait until no symptoms are showed (which I don’t think is gonna happen, ever 🙁 ?

4. Is it safe to take milk thistle and green nettle together, or should we keep them one at a time?
    Also, we’be been on molybdenum but neither she or me felt well with it… Can milk thistle and/or nettle be a substitute for it, or do they ALL need to be taken?

5. Despite all of the cares, we feel tired and drowsy most of the time (due to a lack of carbohydrate, I guess?) Are there any tips to avoid feeling like that all the time?

Thank you so very much in advance for taking the time to read all my questions! Any help/advices would be much appreciated!!! 🙂

Well you are looking for treatment plan level advice. A good naturopath can give you this advice but most people on the internet are not doctors or naturopath’s. So if we gave you this advise it could do harm or cause problems, etc.

To answer the questions about my own treatment plan:

1)I’ve been on antifungals for 3-4 years now and most are safe to take long term. Others are not safe to take long term because they can damage your liver. In general, food grade sources of antifungals are generally safe to take long term like SF722, fatty acids, coconut oil, etc.

2)In general you should focus on detoxing throughout your treatment because this is how you remove the candida toxins out of your body.

3)Not everyone has the same timelines. It sounds like you or your mom is still having allergic reactions. This often occurs with chronic inflammation, high level of histamines, and leaky gut syndrome. To get over these allergic reactions you need to focus on reducing all of these together. A good naturopath can help create a treatment plan to address this.

4)These liver cleansing herbs are traditionally taken at seperate times (not at same time or same day).

5)It sounds like your adrenals and thyroid could be damaged and not doing so well so I would focus on supporting these organs. A good naturopath can help create a treatment plan to address this.

-raster

Alizia
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time to answer, raster!! 🙂

I agree with you in your suggestion of asking a naturopath, the thing is (as it uses to be in this cases) that if we pay the naturopath we couldn’t pay for the supplements and so on. It’s being a bit of a complex season at home this days.

Back to your answers,

1)I’ve been on antifungals for 3-4 years now and most are safe to take long term. Others are not safe to take long term because they can damage your liver. In general, food grade sources of antifungals are generally safe to take long term like SF722, fatty acids, coconut oil, etc.

So, you can replace complex antifungals with “foody” things without losing effectiveness in the candida fight, right? Would it still be die-off symptoms if you do it like that? And, which would be the daily coconut oil suggested dosage?

2)In general you should focus on detoxing throughout your treatment because this is how you remove the candida toxins out of your body.

I know, but we suffered from quite annoying die-off symptoms (we still do, not so hard though), and we were afraid of damaging our body if we didn’t help with the liver cleansing…

3)Not everyone has the same timelines. It sounds like you or your mom is still having allergic reactions. This often occurs with chronic inflammation, high level of histamines, and leaky gut syndrome. To get over these allergic reactions you need to focus on reducing all of these together. A good naturopath can help create a treatment plan to address this.

My mum has esophagus candida (as well as gut and vaginal’s). The one in her tonge raised while an antibiotic treatment, I mean, there’s no allergy (strictly speaking) involved. But yes, you’re right, we all have our rates. It is just the suspicion of she making no progress despite it all what puts her down often lately 🙁

4)These liver cleansing herbs are traditionally taken at seperate times (not at same time or same day).

Noted, thank you.

5)It sounds like your adrenals and thyroid could be damaged and not doing so well so I would focus on supporting these organs. A good naturopath can help create a treatment plan to address this.

Googling on your answer I just bumped into this web, which claims to have a product precisely regarding that issue http://www.modernherbalist.com/products/isocort.html
    Since it works based on cortisol and echinacea, I don’t know how safe does it sound to take it on our own… If you know this product, I would honestly love to read any opinion you have on it.

Thank you very much for your patience! Things like that are what make internet worthy while everything else falls apart! :)))

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

1) Ya I am taking more food derived antifungals such as cinnamon, coconut oil, chamomile (tea), SF722, fermented cod liver oil, etc. and have taken these for the last 2 years or so. I have taken grapfruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oregano oil, tea tree oil, etc. and these are much stronger antifungals that I no longer recommend really.

2) There are other ways to detox:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

3) I recommend something like throat coat tea to help her throat. Sometimes people don’t make progress (I didn’t make much progress in first 3 months) and its because either their diet isn’t good enough, the supplements they are taking aren’t the right ones, or they aren’t focusing on detoxing.

5) There are a ton of adrenal products out there but I don’t know much about them. I trust standard process, thorne, integrative thereaputics, genestra, pure encapsulations…these are the traditional brands naturopaths use to treat people. Each have a variety of products that you can use to treat a variety of health problems.

If you can, I would check out dr. prada pascual if you live in spain, my naturopath learned from him and he knows hidden things about the health care system that most other doctors don’t know. He might be able to help with financial problems and work with your budget.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Antifungals and liver care… how longer?’ is closed to new replies.