Antifungals

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Antifungals

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

befreenow
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Hello Friends,

I have been dealing with what I suspect is Candida for the last 6-7 of my life (probably longer). I had never heard of it until a year and half ago, perhaps. I am 25 now.

I’ve been struggling with food for a while, but now I am quite committed to and happy with the Candida diet. Most of the major symptoms (depression, mood swings, fatigue, acne, sugar cravings) have gone away completely or greatly reduced. I am grateful for this. Being at a meditation center or in a retreat has helped alleviate the mental/psychological symptoms effectively.

I still have somewhat chronic constipation and occasional bloating, although probiotics, and generally a healthy diet has helped greatly with this. I also have itchy scalp (especially when I have tested antifungals) and an itchy scrotum that flares up when I have eaten incorrectly or with antifungals. Sometimes, it flares up 15-20 minutes after a meal, and also at night without eating bad or taking antifungals. I also experience a fast-beating heart during die-offs (normal, right?). I feel I have some food sensitivities, which leads me to believe Leaky Gut Syndrome is a culprit. I spent much of my high school and college years highly stressed and smoking marijuana and drinking occasionally. This plus sensitivity to sugar leads me to conclude adrenal fatigue is at play.

I have been heading towards a clean diet for a few years, but have always fallen back (usually for a day or a few weeks) to my old ways due to one reason or another (emotional stress, weak relationships, bounce back from long meditation retreats, etc.). Over the last month and a half, I have made a conscious effort to follow strictly what people have been telling me (no sugar, dairy, gluten, soy). Also, I am staying at a vegetarian meditation center now, so am not tempted by meat (although vegetarian lifestyle is calmer and happier for me anyway). My mom used to feed us all types of animal products, but I have been weening myself off them for a few years now. I am getting most of my protein from hemp seeds, almonds, and sunflower seeds. I have not been perfect, but now, the willpower is strong.

I have been a quite reckless, all-or-nothing type of youth, although softness is starting to untie some of the mental and egoic knots held in this life. The more I realize how serious this whole Candida/liver/adrenal issue is, the more energy I am putting into caring for myself, for my own benefit and for the benefit of everybody around me.

I have bought lots of things on Amazon over the last few weeks. Every time I come onto this forum or read something on the internet, somebody is recommending something.

Here is the list:

Organic India Liver Kidney
    Enzymatic Therapy Super Milk Thistle
    SF722
    Himalaya Herbal Healthcare LiverCare/Liv.52
    Pure L-Glutamine Powder
    Neem Extract
    Oil of Oregano
    Candida Freedom Probiotic Soap
    Grape Seed Extract
    Barlean’s Organic Oils Olive Leaf Complex
    Zinc Capsules
    EV Coconut Oil
    Vitamin C
    Green Vibrance (Greens + Probiotics)
    Bentonite Clay
    CandidaPro
    Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract

OK, so this is lots of stuff. Some of it has not arrived yet. Everything from the soap on down has arrived, and everything above it has not. Clearly, I bought lots of these things impulsively, but the Vitamin C, Zinc, Coconut Oil (I eat this as a big chunk of my fat intake on most days), and Green Vibrance seem to be helping lots.

I have realized every time I take lots of antifungals, I go through some intense die-off. I have realized, through reading raster’s posts that taking care of the liver is very important so I plan to ease off the enzymes and antifungals, and slowly re-introduce them…and this is where my main question comes.

How do I know when and which antifungals to reintroduce? Could someone look at the things I have bought and construct a viable plan for me? Is there anything more I need, or anything I should not take any more? Sometimes, the recommendations and information on the internet can overwhelm me. I would be so grateful for some insight and personalized advice from experienced Candida experts.

May you all be happy and well.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You definitely don’t want to overdo antifungals and you won’t want to consume all of these at the same time. What I would do is start out with one SF722 capsule per day and slowly increase doseage by 1 per week until you get up to 9 per day. Then at that point its up to on what you can afford as a doseage…

Then I would introduce something else in like coconut oil or garlic and slowly increase doseage or even keep it the same for awhile.

Thats likely all of the antifungals you’ll need…try out some more if you want to, but I would start with these for like the first 3-6 months. The antifungals won’t cure you, they only kill candida.

Also the sunflower seeds likely are not good for the diet from my experience and I would remove them completely due to high mold content. The other nuts should be soaked before consumption for 24 hours to remove molds.

-raster

befreenow

Thank you raster for your invaluable advice.

Why would you go with the SF722 over the others.

I have been trying to eat lots of garlic recently. Should I cut down on this?
    I have been consuming lots of coconut oil just to feed myself…should I replace this with EVOO or can I still consume as part of diet?

“The antifungals won’t cure you, they only kill candida.” Could you elaborate on this a bit?

Peace and Joy.

raster
    Participant

Its kinda up to you on what you do as far as a plan, etc. but basically you can take all of the antifungals you want, and it won’t kill all of the candida. You cannot kill all of the candida in your body, its simply not possible. We need candida to live and function normally, if we killed all of the candida in our bodies, we would die.

The antifungals damage your liver too, and if you damage it by taking high doses of them, then you’ll have to heal your liver seperately at a later time, which lengthens your treatment. This isn’t something you can get over quickly, I tell most people to plan on a 6-18 month recovery time to get over yeast. Some people just dump the antifungals into their body and they feel horrible…its the worst idea ever (I did it at one time and thats why I am here basically).

I recommend SF722 because it reverts pathogenic candida back to its non-pathogenic form. Its basically the best and safest antifungal from my experience. The coconut oil should contain some undecenoic acid too.

Also, looking at the green vibrance powder…that could be a very problematic supplement to take because of the ingredients. Grasses are a top allergen for people who have CRC (candida related complex) and it could make you feel awful. After 3.5 years on the diet, I don’t think I could even tolerate this stuff at this point…it just contains too many ingredients. If you are allergic to this stuff, you simply wouldn’t know what you are allergic to. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave you the runs and made you sick, just trying to warn you. Looks like a good product for a perfectly normal person though.

The candidapro is a multi-antifungal and probiotic supplement all in one. I wouldn’t mess with this stuff and here is why; you are overdoing it with the antifungals!:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

Don’t get any more antifungals, you have a lifetime supply lol! Maybe save the candidapro for last if you want to fight off parasites, but its gonna be tough on your liver like the other ones.

You’ve got the “nuke the yeast” mentality, but you should really have the “lets slowly erode the candida down” mentality.

-raster

befreenow

Thank you for reminding me of my weakness, raster. There is a deep habit of being reckless and going all out at the beginning of new adventures.

Could you share what your personal experience is with this: “Some people just dump the antifungals into their body and they feel horrible…its the worst idea ever (I did it at one time and thats why I am here basically).” Is there a thread where you talk about your beginnings on the journey? What kinds of antifungals did you take and at what kind of doses? Just curious. I am eternally gratefully you have prevented me from doing further damage to this body.

About Green Vibrance: I’ve taken this for periods of weeks on a few occasions and it always seems to be more beneficial than harmful. Most notably, my bowel movements are a lot smoother and more regular when I take it. That is to say, I notice the discomfort more when I do not take it. I will ease off the anti-fungal mindset and take Green Vibrance to test out what it does to the system by itself. Thank you for your concern about allergies. The thought of grass allergies had not even crossed my mind. When I run out of this as a probiotic, which products do you recommend for longer term probiotic care?

I will not purchase any more antifungals, per your advice, and I will work to shift the mindset from sprinting to running a marathon.

Could you comment on taking supplements to rejuvenate the liver, as a somewhat preventative measure (in general, and perhaps specifically regarding the ones listed below)?
    Organic India Liver Kidney
    Enzymatic Therapy Super Milk Thistle
    Himalaya Herbal Healthcare LiverCare/Liv.52

I truly appreciate your support.

befreenow

Raster,

As I am reading more and more of the forum, a couple of things seem important in conjunction with targeting Candida:

Eliminating heavy metals, especially mercury, through chelation
    Parasite cleansing

A couple of questions:

1. Adrenal Fatigue: I have read a couple of sites about the causes and symptoms of AF, and I fit the criteria almost perfectly. I have always been somewhat of a perfectionist, a workaholic, and a reckless individual. I have spent thousands of hours playing poker (probably wrecks the most havoc on adrenal glands next to war), and have abused marijuana in the past. Based on your experience with other people on here, do you have any recommendations on how to modify the diet and supplementation for people with adrenal fatigue?

2. If I’ve eaten lots of sushi and fish in my life (my mom is Japanese), am I almost certain to have a higher-than-safe level of mercury?

3. Parasite cleansing: I read one should prioritize this before the Candida. What are your opinions?

Again, thank you for your guidance.

raster
    Participant

I’ve tried grapefruit seed extract, tea tree oil, oil of oregano, black walnut extract, multi-antifungal products (similar to candidapro), etc. All you need is one of these plus maybe black walnut for parasites. I megadosed by taking 30 drops a few times per day, but I slowly worked myself up to those doses after starting out with just a few drops. I had horrible die-off for months afterwards and because I didn’t have a detox plan, those toxins stayed in my body making me feel awful for those few months. I then went to a ND and felt better immediately.

The super milk thistle is likely all you’ll need if you start with SF722 and other natural antifungals at low doses.

There are a variety of probiotics out there, but I recommend high strain high count probiotics. I also recommend probiotics derived from humans…and there is only one available in the us called HMF neuro. This stuff is the best probiotic I’ve tried. Megaflora and renew life are others that are fairly good that I rotated with (I do 2-3 months of HMF neuro and then rotate to a different one).

The parasites will die as you do the diet and take antifungals. I would consider taking special antifungals later in your treatment for a month or so to reduce the parasite numbers. You cannot kill all of the parasites in your body.

As far as adrenal fatigue…this is usually related to thyroid health from my experience and deficiencies in iodine. If you can consult an ND, they can help you heal your thyroid if they know what they are doing. You don’t really need to do anything special on the diet to address this, but you might want to take supplements. I like the standard process products which have been made for over 100 years…so I take drenamin for adrenal fatigue. This is naturopath grade stuff.

I am kind of biased on chelation and think that it can be quite destructive if you try to treat yourself and do it on your own. You also shouldn’t do it while you still have amalgams in your mouth. Additionally, you should chelate naturally as you clean up your body.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Also check out this die-off remedies post. If you can sweat out the toxins by doing sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, etc. then you’ll feel a ton better.

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Antifungals’ is closed to new replies.