Another question about having an overgrowth of candida or something else

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Another question about having an overgrowth of candida or something else

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jennygluck 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jennygluck
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Able,
    I am new to this website and have been reading up on the candida cleanse and diet for hours! I hope I am not getting too excited about being cured! I am 27 and have been suffering from chronic hives for 6 years. It has been MISERABLE. Has there been any research/conclusion on your part that suggests that a candida cleanse/diet can work for me?
    I look forward to hearing your reply!
    – Jenny

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you have any other symptoms other than hives?

-raster

jennygluck

Well I went through the 11 question quiz and didn’t score very high – 4 maybe. The one thing that did encourage me from reading throughout the website is reading “the infection is different for everyone and the symptoms are different for everyone”. My doctors are completely stumped and are calling my hives and autoimmune/blood disorder and said that there’s nothing to do except take drugs to keep it from flaring up.
    The other thing I read under the Immune Booster tab on the site encouraged me even further that I could have candida. Here are a few excerpts:
    “The interaction between Candida and your immune system is an important part of your Candida treatment plan. A strong immune system is your first line of defense against a Candida overgrowth, but its also one of the first systems in your body that the Candida attacks. So not only do you need to repair your immune system from the damage that the Candida has caused, but you also need to make it even stronger to keep your Candida in check over the long run.”
    “Leaky Gut Syndrome is a weakening and inflammation of the intestinal wall, which is often caused by Candida overgrowth. The Candida yeast cells attach themselves to your intestinal membrane, penetrating through into your bloodstream and provoking inflammation and a strong immune response. These allergic responses put pressure on your adrenal glands and immune system, the very parts of your body that you need to fight off the Candida.”
    “A lengthy Candida infestation will do exactly the same. These important glands are responsible for maintaining hormone levels in the body, which regulate things like your metabolism and your cardiovascular system.”
    I’m not tired all the time like the website talks about. I only feel tired when I’m supposed to – like at bedtime.
    Another interesting thing is that (I am overweight anyway) I completely cut out chocolate, caffeine, all soda, and then started limiting sweets to once every few days. Since then I had gained about 12 pounds!! ??? I didn’t supplement anything for those things – haven’t really even been snacking, etc. Granted I am convicted about the way I eat (like a teenager without a care in the world). I eat 3 meals a day but my portions are way too big and I just eat whatever (lasagna, casseroles, hamburger helper! lol). It’s digusting I know and I’m ready to change!
    I don’t think I explained the seriousness of the hives. Sometimes I’ll wake up and my face is completely disfigured because it’s so swollen. They’ll come up on my legs, arms, back, stomach, – I can’t sleep because I’m so itchy. I usually have a really bad episode once a week. The hives are always changing. Twice I’ve been sick in the bed for THREE DAYS because of head to toe hives, chills, raised body temp, and a sick nauseated feeling in the pit of my stomach that won’t go away.
    I know that I have given you way too much information!!!
    Thank you very much for your help. I am keeping this public because I am hoping that my post and the ones to following can also help someone who has a similar situation to mine.
    – Jenny

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jennygluck wrote: Able, I am new to this website and have been reading up on the candida cleanse and diet for hours! I hope I am not getting too excited about being cured!

Hello, Jenny, and welcome to the forum.

I can say that, if you have Candida, and you haven’t come close to a compete cure in six years, and you’ve found this forum for the first time, then you probably should be getting a little excited. At least now you can say, “There is a cure” and then the rest of the trip is 150% up to you and nobody else.
    With our protocol, you’re the one who is now in control, and not a clueless doctor, not us, but only you. That’s because we have the protocol that has enough proof to show you that it works, “if “ you follow it strictly; please understand that this is the key, meaning strictly adhering to the protocol and diet without our fail. If you go on the diet and start cheating once a twice a week, everyone week or two then you won’t cure your infestation. You can blame everything on earth that you want to, but it’s still going to be up to you to follow the instructions and avoid eating meals that the Candida can enjoy as much as you and on which they will continue to survive.

Considering the severe hives which you’ve had, we can say there is a definite cause, and the doctors really don’t sound as if they have a clue.

If you’ve not read the forum protocol, please read the information.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

As far as whether or not the protocol works, this link contains stories from a few of the members have or are finding success with the protocol and diet.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm14080_Testimonies-of-Success.aspx#post14080

Please ask questions before you start the protocol if there’s anything you are unsure about.

Able

raster
    Participant

I’d give the diet a try to see whether you get die-off or not. Even though the foods don’t sound that great, there are plenty of options and plenty of ways to get the proper nutrition.

If you are looking at ways to lose weight, this diet will certainly do the trick; you could potentially lose a pound a day at first.

The leaky gut could be causing your hives; you may be having an allergic reaction to certain foods that then cause hives. I have a strong inkling that if you did the diet, your hives would reduce or go away completely.

Your body can heal and you can get better; it just takes time, patience, and a good plan.

-raster

jennygluck

Thank you Able and Raster for your great advice and encouraging words. I plan to start my detox on Monday (April 9) and an awfully nervous. I thought I would write out to you guys my “plan” and you tell me if it looks okay.

Starting today: I took 150mcg of (Country Life brand) Chelated Molybdenum (on the back it reads “as molybdenum amino acid chelate”). I will take this every day for the duration of my detox and also my diet. When the die-off symptoms start getting really bad, I plan to take 150mcg 3 times a day (it’s in a 150mcg pill form).

Part One: Detox Diet
    I plan to do the detox diet for 14 or 15 days.
    I’ve been reading all over the forum and have found lots and lots of different suggestions on how to do this detox, but I’ve decided to stick with the Detox Diet that’s on the website. I bought NOW brand organic Fiber-3 (psyllium free) and NOW brand Bentonite Powder for the Detox Drink and have the ingredients for the Liver Flush Drink.

My only questions regarding this detox are as follows:
    – Can I use EVOO on my salads?
    – Can I add a little salt to my steamed vegetables?
    – Should I decide to get creative, can I make my own soups as long as I stick to the allowed foods list? (like a broccoli/cauliflower/onion soup or the recipe for Zucchini Soup listed in the recipe section on the website)
    – If it’s okay, I’m just going to go by the vegetable portion of the “Foods to Eat on the Candida Diet” list on the website.

I thought I’d throw in a little oil pulling every so often and also try the Swedish Bitters (though I’m not sure when to start that).

That is all I’m planning on doing for the detox portion unless I missed something.

Part Two: Candida Diet
    I am planning on doing this diet definitely for an entire month but probably more like several months being that my hives are so bad. How long of a period do you suggest I wait before moving on to Stage 3?

The following is based on everything I have been reading. Please let me know if anything needs to be adjusted/added/deleted:

– Around the 14th or 15th day of my detox, I want to start taking an antifungal of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and start taking the vitamins A & D (taken together) plus extra D3, vitamin E, vitamin C, and Calcium and Magnesium (taken together). Should I rotate out the coconut oil with something else every two weeks?

– Ten days to two weeks after I’ve started the diet, I plan to start taking MegaFood by MegaFlora (14 strains – 20 billion per capsule with DDS-1). How long do I keep taking this?

– As for the food, I plan to stick with the Stage Two Strict Diet plan on the website. My only questions are:

– I don’t live anywhere near an Earthfare or a Whole Foods market but I will try my best to buy organic. Hopefully this won’t mess everything up!!!

– I think I’ve concluded that I can eat organic eggs every day but the best ones we have around here are farmer’s market eggs with no added hormones. Okay or not okay?

– How often should I incorporate meats on a weekly basis? Also, can I eat Butterball brand turkey bacon? If not, what is an alternative?

So is there anything else that I need to add or anything that I’ve completely messed up on?

I am looking forward to getting rid of these hives and thank you so very much for all of your advice and help!!!
    – Jenny

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Can I use EVOO on my salads?

If you’re going to stay on a cleanse for 14-15 days you’ll need some oil in your diet, so yes this is alright.

– Can I add a little salt to my steamed vegetables?

Definitely. But try to find Himalayan sea salt if you can, if not, a pure sea salt is a must.

– Should I decide to get creative, can I make my own soups as long as I stick to the allowed foods list? (like a broccoli/cauliflower/onion soup or the recipe for Zucchini Soup listed in the recipe section on the website)

Sure. Juicing the vegetables on the diet is also a good idea.

As far as the bitters are concerned, as long as you’re having a “meal” you can take the bitters as you need to have food with these.

How long of a period do you suggest I wait before moving on to Stage 3?

We can’t tell anyone this, especially when they haven’t even started the cleanse or diet as it depends on each individual’s situation.

Should I rotate out the coconut oil with something else every two weeks?

That’s all explained here:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

Ten days to two weeks after I’ve started the diet, I plan to start taking MegaFood by MegaFlora (14 strains – 20 billion per capsule with DDS-1). How long do I keep taking this?

All of that is posted here:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

I think I’ve concluded that I can eat organic eggs every day but the best ones we have around here are farmer’s market eggs with no added hormones. Okay or not okay?

Yes

How often should I incorporate meats on a weekly basis? Also, can I eat Butterball brand turkey bacon? If not, what is an alternative?

You must be planning to follow the website’s diet. I didn’t truly start healing my infestation until I removed all meats, so if you’re following the website’s diet, just follow their instructions as I have no idea what their instructions are as far as how often to eat what.

Able

jennygluck

I started the detox today. Eating vegetables has been going great. Drinking the detox drink?? – Not so great. I almost threw up both times today and the second time, I could only get down half. It was absolutelly horrible. Are there any alternative ways I could do your detox without having to drink the detox drink? Are there any capsules avaliable?

raster
    Participant

Able came up with this cleanse that a lot of people have done:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

It might taste better!

-raster

jennygluck

Wow. The lemon drink is a million times better than the detox drink!! Thank you!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another question about having an overgrowth of candida or something else’ is closed to new replies.