another one for raster

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions another one for raster

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

hey raster, it’s me again. i met with bernie yesterday and we agreed that i will cut out the oat bran and rotate the buckwheat. he, again, encouraged me to eat all different kinds of raw, organic nuts, quinoa, and jade rice. I’m scared to death of these things but I’m hungry now not being able to eat my other carb snacks. I know Able hates these things, but what do you think? I did buy some of them (not the rice, but the quinoa and nuts) and am scared to try…at the same time, I was on the diet for over a year (Able’s diet) and am still no better, so is it time to try a new approach even though Able thinks quinoa feeds candida?

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

good luck yisucks. I started eating quinoa, and found I like it so much better than buckwheat, easier on my system. I was going to get your guy’s advice again. I have been getting sick a lot lately, today diarrhea. Anyways, just because of expenses, I think I am going to have to stop talking to Bernie for awhile. Just had to get a new vehicle; and I don’t have a full-time job. I have been on temporary disability ever since I had my colon taken out, and my gastric pacemaker put in me. It is sad, but I am at a loss. Just bills are causing me stress.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d be more careful about quinoa but its worth trying out. I couldn’t digest it personally but I also had very bad leaky gut and was highly allergic to it. The rice should generally be OK, especially if you rotate the types of rice you eat (brown, wild, jade, red, black, etc). Keep in mind to not eat each one of these daily (in other words 7 days a week don’t eat rice, but maybe 3-4 days eat rice and 3-4 days eat buckwheat).

And chew it thoroughly and then it won’t ferment in the gut.

Rice is a prebiotic and is generally safe. When starting out we need to be strict but as you progress, its less important. I only get strict when I want to bat down the yeast temporarily for a few months and then let it come back again.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

thanks raster! how about the nuts?

raster
    Participant

Well both rice and nuts should be stage 2 and you’ve been on the diet long enough to go to this stage and start trying things out. This should include beans/legumes as well.

If you soak both beans and nuts, this should reduce the mold content found within them. Nuts are a good source of protein. Roasted nuts have a carcinogen within them (created in roasting process) which should generally be avoided.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

perfect! got my nuts soaking. thank raster 🙂

kjones02
    Participant

so do u have any advice? Tonight just doing a lot of thinking, and I think the only reason I got a set back today was because I ate something spoiled. Not sure, plus it was required at work to get a flu immunization. I have been trying to find some functional doctor or something close by that might take insurance that will be just as good as Bernie, but Bernie has gave me so much good advice. Anything you think I should continue? He has got me on pleo’s, pleo alkla, aresenicum album, silicea, and phos x (something like that every other sunday), nux vomica for cheating, drenamin, phostidylserine and mintran for sleep, phytostan or sf722, and similase sensitive stomach digestive enzyme. Oh, and juniper helps a lot, too. It makes me sad, but you guys are lucky that you have no student loans and stuff either. It just sucks!!

raster
    Participant

Its up to you kjones. I would put together some kind of “core” of supplements you can take. Or you can reduce the supplements and instead of consuming 3x per day, you could go to 1-2x per day for certain ones.

I would think your core would include:
    sf722
    digestive enzymes
    juniperus
    probiotic (if you are taking one)

and the drenamin, mintran, ps-100, nox and the rest are less important. Except if you have to sleep, then you need the ps-100 and min-tran…

The small unda homeopathics are rather inexpensive.

The pleo stuff lasts for a long time. Thats part of the equation here…some of these last 2-3 months or longer before you use them and so the expense is spread out.

The homeopathics I would stick with long term because this is when they are most effective. If you start and stop a bunch it doesn’t work as well (ask bernie about this before quitting any of them if possible).

-raster

kjones02
    Participant

Yeah, I forgot to add that in there. I have been focusing on hmf neuro now. I was taking hmf forte before. I do need to remember to take the homepathetics (I did notice they aren’t that expensive, and I even think our coop here as some of those), and I’ll just have to focus on the core supplements for a little while. I’ll call his office, but I do need to raise some money the next few months. That is the only reason I am asking. Then, maybe I can get even further along later. and yes, I do need the sleep support!! That is something I know I really need!!!

kjones02
    Participant

Raster, I do have a consult with Bernie on Oct. 29th. I thought about asking him about only consulting every 2-3 months. Then, that way I can afford any changes he might make. I think I could tolerate that better at that moment. Does he do that with patients? I prob. type something up, and fax it this weekend when I get a chance. Usually, I do to make our visit go smoother.

Yeah, last night, I was trying to decide which supplements benefit me the most, and some things I know I have been given that I don’t think work as well. I think last night I decided which ones have benefited me the most so far, but I’ll see what he has to say. It has helped that I have bought some stuff to save on shipping at times.

However, I will always call him if something urgent comes up. I just know I got to save some money these next few months, and really try to watch my spending. Plus, I want to keep on buying good, organic food! I wish I didn’t live so far away that I could actually meet Bernie. I think that would help, too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘another one for raster’ is closed to new replies.