Almonds

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Itzomi 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Janice Jane
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 2

Hi!
    While on the diet I’ve been eating copious amounts of almonds. They are delicious, nutritious and acceptable on the cleanse. However, I am concerned about mold. I get bin almonds from the local farmers market. How do I know if they’re still good or if they’re past due. Is there a “better” almond to buy? Thank you!

Itzomi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 14

I read something not too long ago that said it is better not to buy almonds, because they are treated with something hazardous and it was still legal to call them “raw”… I am so sorry that I can’t remember exactly what. I bet I saved the info somewhere…

Either way, I think you’d be better off buying organic almonds and not in bulk. Recently, my BF saw a woman stick her bare hand into one of the bulk food bins at a health food store and was eating out of it, then grabbing some for her children. NASTY.

Let me see if I can find that almond info…

Itzomi

(Continued from above)

OK, here it is:

Most raw almonds are being irradiated (zapped with radiation) in the U.S., Canada and possibly other countries, so they must not be eaten unless you can get a good source that has not been zapped. No cashews are raw, since they always have to be processed. All peanuts and pistachios contain fungi-type toxins, called mycotoxins, which are damaging to anyone’s health.

Janice Jane
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 2

Wow. Thank you! I did not know that most almonds were treated with radiation. Not so cool. I’m sure this applies to almond butters as well. I will fork over the extra money and buy organic from now on. Thanks!

Itzomi

You’re welcome! 🙂

Hmmm, now I want some almonds. LOL.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Almonds’ is closed to new replies.