Almond Concunt Pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Almond Concunt Pancakes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Pancakes
    Have not tried this yet but seems like it has nothing we cant have. Hope it is good. Will let you know

Ingredients

2 eggs
    2 tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or butter, melted
    2 tablespoons coconut milk unsweetened
    1 teaspoon stevia
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons sifted Organic Coconut Flour
    1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder

Method

Blend together eggs, oil, coconut milk, stevia and salt. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet. Spoon batter onto hot skillet making pancakes about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter. Batter will be thick, but will flatten out when cooking. Makes about 8 pancakes.Can add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

Hi Lauren,
    Did you end up having success with this recipe?

Lauren

I actually forgot about it! Too funny! lol Brain fog! Thanks for the reminder 😀
    Lauren

Lauren

This recipe was okay. 😀 It was kind of bland, even though I added cinnamon to it. It tasted better with ghee on top of the pancakes with cinnamon and a little stevia. It tasted kind of like a cinnamon butter. 🙂 Though I am not sure if I will react to the ghee, so next time I will have to think of another way to make this more tasty. I would make this recipe again. I will keep you updated if I find a better way to make it.
    Thanks,
    Lauren

Lauren

Last time I forgot to add the coconut oil! It is much better with the oil. I also added a little nutmeg and vanilla creme liquid stevia with the cinnamon and stevia to the batter. I love the pancakes now with these changes and with the ghee and cinnamon of top. You don’t need the stevia on top like I posted last time, the ghee is sweet enough.

Revised Ingredients/ Recipe

2 eggs
    2 tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or butter, melted
    2 tablespoons coconut milk unsweetened
    1 teaspoon stevia
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons sifted Organic Coconut Flour
    1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
    Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla creme stevia to taste
    ghee( for top of pancakes)

Method

Blend together eggs, oil, coconut milk, stevia, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla creme stevia and salt. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and thoroughly mix into batter. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet. Spoon batter onto hot skillet making pancakes about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter. Batter will be thick, but will flatten out when cooking. Makes about 8 pancakes. Can top with ghee and cinnamon to make a cinnamon butter. Yum! (Can add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans to the batter if you like. Have not done this yet since nut can be hard on digestive system.)

Andrea
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I tried this recipe after I found it on another website. The only difference was using only 1 egg instead of 2. Also one of the ingredients called for Spelt flour. I know Spelt flour isn’t good for candida diet so I tried substituting it with buckwheat flour. It wasn’t as successful as i had hoped because while it was being cooked, the batter never stuck together. I will try just the coconut flour next time and include another egg.
    By the way, the recipe that I found included an almond topping for pancakes. It’s simple, a tablespoon of almond butter, a tablespoon of almond milk, and a bit of coconut butter for creamy consistency. Put in microwave for about a minute, then mix it up qnd spread over pancakes! Yum!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Almond Concunt Pancakes’ is closed to new replies.