Allergic to coconut!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Allergic to coconut!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ldewild 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I hoped it wasn’t true, and I even made those coconut drop biscuits (and loved them). But I started itching really bad afterwards so I can’t have coconut. Besides, I had allergy testing a while back and the test results showed that I’m allergic to coconut.

So, I tried substituting other flours to make more of the drop biscuits, but they flopped. Big-time. (I used all-purpose gluten-free flour and almond meal, and also used ghee instead of coconut oil.)

What’s a good recipe for gluten-free biscuits, muffins or quickbreads?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Have you seen the bread recipes on the forum? You can make the cocount bread recipe and use oat bran, rice bran, tef, or a mixture of all three.
    Bread Recipes

Able

ldewild

I just looked at each and every recipe within the forum and 98% of them call for coconut flour, and the other 2% just didn’t sound good. Guess I can’t have any bread whatsoever, which will make things VERY difficult for me. I love sweet breads and wish I could make something without using coconut flour or coconut oil.

I can’t spend 24 hours a day every day making my food. I have a full-time job and am a mom to 6-year-old twins. I’ve already fallen off the wagon again because this is just so difficult. I don’t know what to do anymore. Being allergic to coconut is a real bummer.

I’m getting extremely depressed about all this.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try out my bread recipe with almond meal, teff, buckwheat, and oat bran (instead of the 1/2 cup of coconut flour)…contains no coconut whatsoever and probably tastes good.

Or try out my recipe with 1/3 almond meal, 1/3 teff, and 1/3 buckwheat. 1 cup of each.

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3751_Rasters-coconutteffbuckwheatalmond-flour-bread.aspx

You only need to bake my bread once a week and it takes about 15 minutes to make it (plus the hour its in the oven).

-raster

ldewild

Good – thanks! Seems that a lot of recipes call for a LOT of preparation. I just don’t have that kind of time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Allergic to coconut!’ is closed to new replies.