Alcohol question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Alcohol question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

trailblazer
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I am going on two weeks now on my new dairy-gluten free / candida diet. This has probably been one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. My question is would it be ok to drink alcohol once a month if your diet is super good, or would that completely mess it all up. I guess I am unclear as to how much back tracking alcohol causes when digested by someone with candida overgrowth. I am aware that it’s the very worst thing for candida, but is that from a daily, or weekly drinkers perspective?
    thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The way I look at it, do you want to be healthy or not? Because if you don’t, don’t do the diet and drink alcohol lol.

In general it should set you back about a week every time you drink depending on how heavy you do it, so you could be improving 3 weeks and not improve for 1 week every month. I smoked cigarettes on the diet and it definitely set me back in a similar way.

-raster

trailblazer
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for your response. That definitely makes sense and I see your point so no alcohol it is. I also smoke cigarettes. I am curious about your diet while you were smoking were you still able to overcome the overgrowth at a slower rate?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Cigarettes are worse because they directly feed the yeast and create an environment where the yeast thrives. I think they are one of the causes or co-factors in the infection. I smoked for 15 years and have quite for last 1.5 years now.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol question’ is closed to new replies.