Aha! Hoping I've found it.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Aha! Hoping I've found it.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JaneneBean 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

well, officially on day 19 now.

Pros:
    – Appetite has totally changed. Sugar cravings definitely not the same and I can tolerate the taste of plain kefir now (which I used to find super sour).
    – No more severe hunger pains (pangs?) and more of a steady level of energy throughout the day.
    – Sleeping more consistently (i.e. not waking up in the middle of the night)
    – gums in my mouth seem less inflamed (flossing doesn’t hurt anymore, spaces between my teeth are easier to get floss through.. random!)

Cons:
    – still really gassy despite being conscious to chew my food more.
    – tried oil pulling yesterday and narrowly avoided throwing up (the texture is definitely something I’ll have to get used to)
    – still have a faint whitish coating on my tongue (is some white coating normal? Or is it supposed to be slippery and super pink?)
    – eyes seem redder than normal?? Does anyone else get this?
    – still feeling weak in my muscles if I do anything remotely strenuous

Any thoughts or experiences appreciated. I have an amazon order with SF722 and zypan on it that I’ll hopefully order next week.

wishnhope

well, major crash and burn this weekend on vacation. I started out with such great plans.. brought my bread with me and everything. The food is not readily available here and I was not prepared for how hard it would be to not eat with family members who I never see (and it was just too hard to say no to a couple of drinks over the weekend).

Going home wednesday morning where I will start back on the strict diet. I continue to take the molybdenum so hopefully will be ok within a week or so.

I guess we’ll see! (p.s. I feel like I’m admitting that I didn’t do my homework or something)

wishnhope

So I did the strict diet for 3 weeks and I was feeling awesome until I went on vacation and I have now had 7 days of eating ridiculousness.

Going to start back on the strict diet tomorrow. I’m posting it here again to have somewhere to be accountable.

Day 0.. boooooooo!

JaneneBean
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 35

So….Wishnhope, how are you doing? We haven’t heard from you in awhile on this thread. I hope you have succeeded in getting back on the wagon sort of speak. It’s very frustrating when we’re around “normal” eating people and can’t have what they are eating. I work as a cashier in a grocery store and MAN is it difficult to forego the junk food sometimes. I can’t eat it though because I know what it will do to me. When I eat too many carbs, my body craves sugar so I know when to change up my diet to less carbs again. It’s sad for me that I can’t have fruits. Veggies and small portions of meat get pretty mundane. I’ve been eating like this for a year now, and when I thought all my issues were gluten related rather than Candida, I went to eating some gluten free foods which had WAY too many carbs in them. That set me back several months, I’m sure. Now I’m back on the wagon again and battling dizziness and lethargy for several days. Good ol’ die off…don’t ya just love it?
    Well, I hope you are doing better.

Janene

wishnhope

JaneneBean wrote: So….Wishnhope, how are you doing? We haven’t heard from you in awhile on this thread. I hope you have succeeded in getting back on the wagon sort of speak. It’s very frustrating when we’re around “normal” eating people and can’t have what they are eating. I work as a cashier in a grocery store and MAN is it difficult to forego the junk food sometimes. I can’t eat it though because I know what it will do to me. When I eat too many carbs, my body craves sugar so I know when to change up my diet to less carbs again. It’s sad for me that I can’t have fruits. Veggies and small portions of meat get pretty mundane. I’ve been eating like this for a year now, and when I thought all my issues were gluten related rather than Candida, I went to eating some gluten free foods which had WAY too many carbs in them. That set me back several months, I’m sure. Now I’m back on the wagon again and battling dizziness and lethargy for several days. Good ol’ die off…don’t ya just love it?
    Well, I hope you are doing better.

Janene

Hi Janene,

Thanks for the reply. I have been lurking some on the forum and definitely roller-coastering as far as my food goes. I have been making my own kefir and having it for breakfast, I have limited my meat intake to mostly fish and eggs and rarely chicken. My love of sugar has been rearing its ugly head though and although I have been good with avoiding it overall, white wine has been more difficult for me to stop drinking.

I’m trying not to have the whole guilt cycle that i had the first time in march because it really didn’t help (i just ended up eating more stuff that wasn’t good for me) so i’m trying to just go meal by meal and make choices more in line with the foods on the candida diet.

i’m not feeling as good overall as I was while on the diet, although I am stronger (i couldn’t get rid of the dizzy spells after going upstairs despite molybdenum and coconut bread/pumpkin muffins while on the strict diet).

I have been able to work out a bit more as a result which has been good.

JaneneBean
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 35

I’ve been dizzy lately too. If I tilt my head backwards and look up at the ceiling, it’s really bad. But I can maintain my balance if I just don’t do that. So…I don’t do that, except for just now to test it again. LOL! I haven’t gotten any molybdenum yet, I have to wait until I get paid Wednesday. It’s rough being on such a limited income.
    I know what you mean about progress. The only symptoms I really give a flying fart about are the rectal itching which is just plain aggravating and embarrassing. I want it to go away SO bad. I’m thinking of starting a regiment that includes enemas. (to me that just sounds SO gross!)
    I often wonder if what I’m doing is making me more sick. Maybe my body just doesn’t like all this healthy stuff. Maybe my symptoms would go away if I started eating junk again. But then, I get chicken to try it in fear that I would get even sicker. Besides, I KNOW that all that awful processed food isn’t good for me. So I have to talk myself into keeping up this regiment every day. I’m exhausted. I’m depressed. I’m miserable.
    I’m hopefully getting some Candex soon, but I don’t dare get excited about it working because disappointment is the middle name of Candida.
    Sorry…I’m not being very encouraging. I just know we’re in the same boat and somehow having some company in that boat is somewhat comforting.

Hugs,
    Janene

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Aha! Hoping I've found it.’ is closed to new replies.