Agave Inulin

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Agave Inulin

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

I ran across this stuff at whole foods earlier and was wondering if it would be okay to use in early stages of the protocol. Let me know if it’s a thumbs up.

http://www.wholeandnatural.com/servlet/the-442/Viv-Agave,-Organic,-Agave/Detail#.UAyKE6bz5TI

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d try to get it from a different source if possible. I don’t know whether this is good or bad for the diet because I haven’t tried it myself. I know they make inulin from chickory which would be a better source than agave.

It’s also a bit more expensive than chickory based products…

Its a big unknown from my standpoint.

-raster

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I have not ran across any chicory Agave at all and i have checked all kinds of websites. I DID however find it on a website…

http://www.znaturalfoods.com/Agave-Inulin-Powder-Organic-1-lb

I tried this to see since i did alot of researching on it and couldnt find anything wrong with it. But it says inulin and i take that as a good thing. As long as it is the powder and NOT the nectar. The nectar is loaded with sugars.

my results with it were good. i didnt have a problem with it. it tastes ok..has a slight aftertaste but is tolerable.
    the link above was the best price i could find.

http://livesuperfoods.com/yacon-powder.html

I also found this…its Yacon powder but says its not as sweet as the Syrup itself. This stuff isnt cheap..any of it.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Why not just eat/drink chicory, onion, garlic, asparagus, artichoke etc? Inulin is one of the easiest things to get from real food, which is always superior to gimmicky supplements, which probably contain far too much of it.

Edit: If you want an alternative sweetener to stevia, then maybe it’s not such a bad option (maybe). It’ll probably cake up unless it contains some sort of anti-caking agent though.

xday2dazex

Thanks for the links, maybe I’ll check it out.

I do eat garlic onions and asparagus for inulin and I have avacados, chicory coffee, buckwheat, and teff as prebiotics too. I’m just not sure how much I need of it all to have enough food for my good bacteria (I just moved up to 60 Billion CFUs of megafood), so I wanted a supplement to add in just in case I’m not taking in enough prebiotics/inulin. On a regular day I have 2 servings of asparagus, a full layer of diced onions on top of some brussels sprouts and spinach, at least 3 cloves of garlic, a cup of chicory root coffee and 1/7 of a raster sized loaf of 2/3 teff 1/3 millet bread. I also sometimes have a half cup of buckwheat and when I can afford it, an avacado. Does that sound like enough?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

xday2dazex wrote: Thanks for the links, maybe I’ll check it out.

I do eat garlic onions and asparagus for inulin and I have avacados, chicory coffee, buckwheat, and teff as prebiotics too. I’m just not sure how much I need of it all to have enough food for my good bacteria (I just moved up to 60 Billion CFUs of megafood), so I wanted a supplement to add in just in case I’m not taking in enough prebiotics/inulin. On a regular day I have 2 servings of asparagus, a full layer of diced onions on top of some brussels sprouts and spinach, at least 3 cloves of garlic, a cup of chicory root coffee and 1/7 of a raster sized loaf of 2/3 teff 1/3 millet bread. I also sometimes have a half cup of buckwheat and when I can afford it, an avacado. Does that sound like enough?

How are your symptoms? If you suffer from bloating, constipation or gas, you might want to ease up on it. Unfavourable species of bacteria feed on many of the same things, and their waste products can create a lot of symptoms attributed to candida. Even beneficial species create gas. If you’re feeling good and all the fibre seems to be helping, then maybe you could keep increasing it if you like. I still think wholefoods are a better option because of the nutrients they contain. Have you tried artichokes? They’re something like 18% inulin. You’ll know what’s good by how you react to it, so just go with your body.

raster
    Participant

I just use the vitamin shoppe brand miracle fiber and its rather cheap.
    100% inulin:

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Shoppe-Miracle-Fiber-powder/dp/B000OQ4BNC

Its on sale all of the time; 2 for $10.

Here’s the now foods brand inulin derived from chickory:

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Inulin-8-Ounces/dp/B000W8DWOG

-raster

xday2dazex

I’m feeling fine for the most part so I guess I’ll keep doing what I’m doing and add in the miracle fibre.

How many CFUs/how much miracle fibre do you use for maintainance raster? I’m going to be going up to 100 Billion CFUs eventually just to undo the damage from the antibiotics, but I’m wondering what works for you these days.

raster
    Participant

I just dump it in the breads I bake and my yogurt, so I do not measure it. I probably use about 3-5 tablespoons a day of the stuff or so. I am probably using an excessive amount but it works! You can even add it to water and drink it. Some people use it like stevia but it really doesn’t have much flavor.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Agave Inulin’ is closed to new replies.