Adya Clarity Claims – True or False?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Adya Clarity Claims – True or False?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Gillett 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

NaturalNews issues consumer alert about Adya Clarity, imported as battery acid and sold for internal consumption

Friday, October 28, 2011 Written by Mike Adams,
    Health Ranger Editor of NaturalNews.com

“A product called Adya Clarity has been sweeping across the natural health community in the last year or so. It has been sold with recommendations for internal use — taking “super shots” — and often accompanied by wide-ranging claims that it treats cancer, kidney stones, hormone regulation, arthritis, and that it removes radiation and heavy metals.

NOTE: An important update to this entire issue has now been posted, revealing a new commitment by the primary distributor of Adya Clarity to conform to full-transparency product labeling, no promotion of internal use, and regulatory labeling compliance.

Because so many readers have been asking me about Adya Clarity, I decided to look further into the issue. I was aided by some timely tips that came my way which I began to check out as an investigative journalist. What I found — much of which is detailed in this report — absolutely shocked me. But what do YOU think? Read my report and decide for yourself.

Unsubstantiated health claims

The claims that Adya Clarity is good for treating kidney stones, hair loss, arthritis and even cancer are, I discovered, entirely unsubstantiated for this product. There is simply no reliable clinical evidence supporting Adya Clarity to be safe or effective for any health condition whatsoever. Furthermore, there are many facets of this story that have raised red flags in my mind as the editor of NaturalNews.

For starters, Adya Clarity is primarily composed of sulfuric acid, iron sulfate and aluminum sulfate. Before being diluted and bottled, Adya Clarity starts out as Themarox, a mineral deposit mined in Japan just a few dozen miles away from Fukushima. This Themarox has a very acid pH value, near 0.5. In this state, aluminum sulfate is present in a concentration of 10.9 grams per liter, according to our research.

To make Adya Clarity, Themarox is diluted at roughly 10:1, raising the pH and diluting the sulfuric acid. Once bottled, Adya Clarity contains the following concentrations of metals and minerals, according to its label:
    Iron: 2,000 PPM
    Magnesium: 400 PPM
    Calcium: 250 PPM
    Potassium: 200 PPM
    Manganese: 20 PPM
    … and so on.
    Do you see what’s missing from this list? The aluminum sulfate. By my calculations, given that the aluminum sulfate starts out at 10.9 grams per liter, the diluted form of Themarox — Adya Clarity — contains roughly 1.2 grams per liter of aluminum sulfate. This is 1200 mg per liter, which is almost exactly 1200 PPM (parts per million). (Source: The MSDS provided to me by Adya, Inc. as a Word document, see below. This also corresponds to the PPM of aluminum claimed by the manufacturer, Shimanishi Kaken Co.,Ltd.)

Curious as to why aluminum sulfate was not listed on the label in the appropriate order of concentrate (under Iron and above Magnesium), I contacted Matt Bakos, the owner and importer of Adya Clarity and asked him this question. The reason he didn’t list aluminum concentration on the label underneath iron, he told me, was because “I don’t want to.” He said it was listed as a “trace mineral” and that was sufficient. There was no need to list the 1200 PPM of aluminum in Adya because it “is not required,” he told me.

I bet many of the people who paid $100+ per bottle for Adya Clarity would also be interested to learn there’s quite a significant concentration of aluminum in the product they may have already begun ingesting.

So I pressed further. When challenged on this a second time, Bakos became angry and rather belligerent with me on the phone, and what began as a conversation quickly devolved into something of a screaming competition between he and I. When I suggested that the product name “Adya CLARITY” should achieve “clarity” on the label by offering full disclosure of its mineral and metal content, he became further outraged and ultimately accused me of not knowing what I was talking about and then threatened to involve his lawyers.

To me, these are classic red flags of people about which I have serious reservations. When I ask honest questions and instead of getting answers I get angrily attacked, I know something’s up. This is doubly true given that I am well known as a friend of the nutritional products industry — someone who consistently shares good news about products that offer substantial benefits and safety to informed consumers. (I’ve been doing this for eight years. This isn’t new territory for me.)

By the end of this conversation, it was clear to me that I was not dealing with a person who was willing to provide reasonable answers to legitimate safety questions. I have this entire conversation recorded and on the record, with Bakos’ permission no less, and I reserve the right to publicly release this recording if I think it serves the public interest. (I am not ashamed of my use of profanity in this context, which will become crystal clear to you if you hear this recording. It got quite heated.)

Imported as “battery acid”
    One of the tips NaturalNews received on this story claims that Adya, Inc. was importing Adya Clarity under the description of “battery acid.” I could hardly believe this was true, so I checked it out myself.

What I found was surprising but true: On the ImportGenius.com website, a query of “Adya Inc” from Coldwater, Michigan turns up numerous entries of imported materials from the SHIMANISHI KAKEN CO. in Japan to ADYA INC in Coldwater Michigan.

The contents of these shipments?
    INORGANIC CHEMICALSHS CODE 3824 BATTERY FLUID ACID (there are more)
    What these import records appear to indicate is that Adya, Inc. is importing materials which are described as battery acid. What’s wrong with that? Well, Adya Inc. is not in the battery business. They are in the business of selling an acidic liquid as a water additive labeled for human consumption. It is rather evident that the “battery acid” liquid claimed on the shipping manifests is, in fact, the raw material ingredient for Adya Clarity.

“Super shots” for internal use
    The Adya Clarity product has also been widely promoted by Adya Inc distributors as something for internal use, via the taking of “super shots.”

The Adya Clarity bottle label even directs customers to consume the product:
    “Add 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon of water, stir and enjoy the crisp, clean taste of Adya Clarity water,” it says. This clearly implies drinking the water containing the Adya Clarity (how else would you “taste” and “enjoy” it?) Thus, the product label itself is promoting the product for internal use.

Much of the promotional material also recommends Adya Clarity for internal use. This is an oft-repeated message in the videos and webinars used to promote the product.

Adya Clarity is a food?
    During my recorded conversation with Matt Bakos, he insisted that Adya Clarity was a “food” and compared it to eating bananas and other fruits. This, on its face, is absurd.
    Not by any stretch of reason is Adya Clarity a “food” anymore than, say, uranium is a food because it is also mined out of the ground. Adya Clarity is derived from a mineral deposit to which sulfuric acid is added. Adya Clarity does not grow on trees or bushes. In fact, it is derived from rocks mined near Fukushima and pulled right out of the ground, then combined with sulfuric acid as part of its manufacturing process.

Action items: What should you do if you bought Adya Clarity?
    If you purchased Adya Clarity, what should you do with this information now?
    First, I suggest you think twice before ingesting any inorganic material. Ask the commonsense questions you should ask about any non-food product that is being aggressively promoted: What’s in this? Is it safe to consume? How does anybody know it’s safe? Is there a track record of safe use? Is there an independent source that can corroborate the product’s safety without being financially involved in the product?”

More … http://www.naturalnews.com/034005_Adya_Clarity_consumer_alert.html

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

That’s really interesting. Thanks Able. I had been wondering about Adya Clarity. I’m very suspicious of anything that looks too good to be true!

Do you read a lot of the health ranger’s articles? Is he very reliable?

An ex-colleague of mine actually told me to read that website but I’m never sure how reliable people are.

Katy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Adya Clarity Claims – True or False?’ is closed to new replies.