Advice/Suggestions on where to go from here, and how long it will take ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice/Suggestions on where to go from here, and how long it will take ??

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BenjiRixon 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Hey Guys

After some Lab testing it came back i have a med/strong colonisation of candida albicans

To be honest i wasnt really having any bad signs of overgrowth, mainly just very tired all the time and headaches and a bit of abdominal pain/loose stools and was originally dianosed with IBS. My diet was good with fresh veg and meat and mainly rice as my carbs an i dont like chocolate or sweet things in general, my only vice being i smoke and i like a few beers everynight after work (chef) but the original course was from taking way to many antibiotics.

Anyway the doctor prescribed a 2week course of fluconazole (Diflucan) 50mg tablets to be taken once a day (which i think is too low strength). i done quite a bit of research on candida and in my opinion a 2 week course obviously isnt gonna sort the problem out but might be a good starting block.

as soon as i started the tablets i started the strict candida diet too and all was fine for the first 4 days, then i bought some garlic tablets and was taking them morning and night 1000mg each time and some aloe vera juice only then i started the die off symtoms and am also taking probiotics (three lac) as well so my plan is looking like this –

morning 9am
    – 50mg fluconazole
    1000mg garlic
    1 x sachet three lac
    3 x table spoons Aloe vera juice

middayish 2pm 1/2 big pot of natural organic probiotic yogurt

evening 9pm
    50mg fluconazole
    1000mg garlic
    1 x sachet three lac
    3 x table spoons Aloe vera juice

ive also just bought some caprylic acid and Oregano oil caps to alternate from the garlic every 7 days.

my questions and advice needed are =

1) is it true the candida grows resistant to anti fungals after a few days so you need to rotate them like i am planning?

2) how long shall i keep using antifungals for?

3) do i need more antifungals than im using ?

4) will my plan actually work?

5) how long before i can go back to normal diet?

6) i was also advised buy a nutritionalist just to use this http://naturaldispensary.co.uk/products/Bionutri_Ecobalance-2022-132.html to sort everything out but i dont think it will work on its own (as the candida would become resistant after a few days), maybe just as a base plan???

a big thanks in advance for any advice given, its much appreciated

Ben

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

QUOTE:
    1) is it true the candida grows resistant to anti fungals after a few days so you need to rotate them like i am planning?
    2) how long shall i keep using antifungals for?
    3) do i need more antifungals than im using ?
    4) will my plan actually work?
    5) how long before i can go back to normal diet?
    6) i was also advised buy a nutritionalist just to use this (website) to sort everything out but i dont think it will work on its own (as the candida would become resistant after a few days), maybe just as a base plan?
    ======================================================

Hello, Ben.

The Bionutri Ecobalance sounds like a good probiotic/prebiotic. The Candida can’t become resistant to the good bacteria in your intestines, otherwise called the ‘flora’ – which is the purpose of a probiotic.
    And no one will ever completely cure a Candida infestation without adding some source of beneficial flora to their system plus several types of prebiotics to feed them and keep the flora thriving.

This is something that the majority of Candida sufferers never seem to understand; if you think you’re going cure Candida by killing it, you’re just wasting your time. That will never happen because Candida is a natural part of a healthy body; you’ll simply never get rid of it. What we have to do get the growth under control and then keep it under control which will in turn keep it in a benign yeast form, preventing it from changing into its fungal form.

Let me explain it this way; our body uses Candida to kill bad bacteria and also to keep the body in balance. If there are enough friendly bacteria or flora in the body, it will be able to produce enough acids to keep Candida growth under control. When this is working properly, the body can maintain a healthy balance between the good and bad bacteria.

To answer your first question, Candida can become resistant to many antifungals; this is another reason why probiotics are so important.

As far as how long to use the antifungals. The natural ones, use as long as you want to keep killing the Candida, but alternating them maybe every two weeks is a good idea.

Will your plan actually work? No one knows the answer to that, we’re all different and heal in different time frames and with different protocols.

Going back to a regular diet is something I would try to avoid thinking about at this point. Just concentrate on varying your diet as much as possible without cheating in phase one. I was in phase one for seven months, and most people would say I’m still there because of the way I’m still eating. I lost about 20 pounds, but slowly, as I learned ‘how’ to eat on this diet, I managed to gain 15 back.
    At this point, I’m actually enjoying my meals now.

Good luck to you.
    Able

BenjiRixon

Thanks Able,

youve definately changed my way of thinking about the whole thing !

i was under the impression that the most important thing is to kill the candida back to safe levels as the most important thing and top up a bit with probiotics. But now i understand that thats not the whole picture!

more like to beat the beast it should be something a little like ??? –

40% down to diet
    40% down to flora
    20% down to antifungals

plan wise im unsure of, probably stick with what im doing now but alternating the antifungals probably duration of 2 1/2 months and have a good base support of pre/pro biotics . Then stop antifungals but continue with diet but re-introduce some things and continue maintence dose of probiotics then hope to hell it works !!!

that ecobalance stuff is quite pricy, ive found these tho are they the same thing? i can get 90 pills for £12 gbp http://www.didacandidasupplement.co.uk/

as for enjoying meals, i just eat to survive and have energy now, its a hindrence.

thanks again

Ben

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

BenjiRixon wrote: that ecobalance stuff is quite pricy, ive found these tho are they the same thing? i can get 90 pills for £12 gbp http://www.didacandidasupplement.co.uk/

Hello, Ben. If you’re asking if the Nordic Dida Cinnamon and Herb Complex is the same as the Ecobalance, unless I’m reading the incorrect description, I’d have to say no it’s not.

Here are the ingredients of the Nordic Dida:

Per daily intake of 2 tablets:
    Origanum heracleoticum (oregano) 5:1 equal to 1500 mg dried herb-300mg
    Olea europaea (olive leaves) 5:1 equal to 1000 mg dried herb-200mg
    Calendula officinalis (potmarigold) 5:1 equal to 750mg dried herb-150mg
    Thymus vulgaris (thyme) 5:1 equal to 750mg dried herb-150mg
    Elettaria cardamomum (cardamom) 5:1 equal to 500mg dried herb-100mg
    Eugenia caryophyllus (cloves) 5:1 equal to 500mg dried herb-100mg
    Allium sativum 5% alliin (garlic) 15:1 equal to 1000mg dried herb-67mg
    Cinnamomum zeyl oil (cinnamom oil) 10mg
    Foeniculum vulgare oil (fennel oil) 6mg
    Mentha x Piperita oil (peppermint oil) 6mg
    Stabillisers (di-calcuimphosphate, tri-calcuimphosphate), Origanum heracleoticum extract, Olea europaea extract, cellulose, Calendula officinalis extract, Thymus vulgaris extract, Elettaria cardamomum extract, Eugenia caryophyllus extract, Allium sativam extract anti-caking agents (talc, vegtable magnesium salts from fatty acids), Starch, Cinnamomum zeylanicum, Foeniculum vulgare oil, menthe x piperita oil. neglible energy, protein, carbohydrate and fat.

As you see, Nordic seems to be just a concoction of many different herbs instead of probiotics. Personally, I believe it makes more sense to obtain your herbs individually. That way you have control over how much and which ones you’re getting this way.

The ThreeLac you’re taking contains probiotics just like the Ecobalance does; however, only three types of bacteria show up in either list of ingredients, yet there is something like 400-500 different types of bacteria in our bodies. If you’d rather not purchase a probiotic containing more strains of bacteria, you can go with homemade kefir which will also build the flora in your system. It’s much cheaper than a capsule or liquid form of probiotic.

Good luck, Able

BenjiRixon

Again thanks Able !

i did actually buy the dida tablets and will just be taking them daily untill there gone but will also be taking the ecobalance for 2 months alongside all the natural antifungals i mentioned above and see how that works out i suppose. one thing i do know tho is that i could really use a beer !! haha 3 months at least before i touch one tho.

Ben

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

Hi there,

Ive just started my diet so im new to this, would you be able to tell me how much probiotics we are supposed to take, i.e 8 billion, 4 billion, thats confusing to me. also when I take probiotics will I also be taking prebiotics?
    I’ve been reading so much im really tired and confused.
    Thanks for your help

Diane
    P.s good luck with your diet

BenjiRixon

Hello,

to be perfectly honest im not too sure !! haha!! think it depends on the certain supplement your taking. what i done was i first bought some 3 lac and started taking them as it says on the box, one a day and build up to 3 a day then (otherwise youll get bad stomach) and i also have a big pot of probiotic yogurt a day so i know im getting plenty of the good stuff.

my only advice is to read the back of which ever ones you buy for the RDA and take it from there. in my opinion you cant really have too much within reason.

Benji

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice/Suggestions on where to go from here, and how long it will take ??’ is closed to new replies.