Advice needed on introducing foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice needed on introducing foods

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

patsy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

I have been on the strict diet for 11 weeks in the last few weeks have started introducing new foods. I am now having a few candida symptoms and have got no idea what has set them off.
    If anyone can give me advise it is much appreciated. I have introduced quinoa, tahini, seeds, rice cakes, bean sprouts wondering if I am reacting to any of these also have been told conflicting information about eggs. I am confused again.
    Thanks for reading Patsy

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

It is pretty early still I’m 5 months into the diet and I haven’t introduced anything outside of the protocol. You should wait til you are symptom free and have no ore die off just to be safe.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Tahini and rice cakes have most likely set you off.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Also when introducing new items, add one item at a time..and wait 3-7 days to see if you have any sort of reaction. if you dont, then try the next item. Also take only a few bites to start..then add more next time as your body adjusts to that item. too much too soon can cause a setback.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Ricecakes are almost pure starch and could cause you issues if your glucose handling is poor (common in candida sufferers), if you have trouble digesting starch, or if you have bacterial overgrowth in the small intestines. Tahini, seeds and quinoa contain proteins that could be allergenic, and are also incredibly high in omega-6 PUFAs, which could potentially cause issues. Bean sprouts shouldn’t cause any problems, and eggs are great as long as you’re not sensitive to the protein.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed on introducing foods’ is closed to new replies.