acidic versus alkaline

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions acidic versus alkaline

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Donna
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 11

does candida like an acidic body or alkaline body?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Able900 covered this topic before:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm13083_A-Simple-Explanation-pH.aspx#post13083

I have a different opinion and feel that candida thives best in an acidic environment. Certain organs need to be acidic like the stomach, intestines, etc. However, the body needs to be pH neutral in general and this requires an alkalizing therapy (in which I am now doing myself).

I have a feeling if we all tested our pH (urine test) it would come up as acidic, but normal healthy people would show up as neutral.

-raster

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

This has been a non stop topic in curezone and research indicates that the yeast form of candida thrives more in a acidic state , but the pathogenic fungal form thrives more in an alkaline state. Beneficial bacteria produce acids that keep candida from going fungal. The colon is loaded with acid producing bacteria that keep the bowels moving with their beneficial acids. Over alkalizing can disturb the PH of the GI tract and lead to indigestion+constipation. Been there done that. In the health+nutrition arena there is a craze to over alkalize because of society’s acidic diets. So some of these companies go overboard with their over alkalizing therapies to try to compensate for society’s bad acidic diet. Balance is the key. Eating a diet that is not to acidic or alkaline is the proper balance.

If not enough beneficial flora is present to inhibit candida, then candida shifts back and forth from yeast form to a fungal form and adapts to either PH environment.

Good study on the topic.

http://mbio.asm.org/content/2/3/e00055-11.full

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;35920 wrote: I have a different opinion and feel that candida thives best in an acidic environment … Certain organs need to be acidic like the stomach, intestines, etc.

I’m afraid I don’t understand.

The above statement appears to be a contradiction in itself if healing a Candida infestation is the goal.

All of us know that the stronghold for Candida albicans is the intestines (think intestinal permeability).

(1) Raster’s statement was, “Candida thieves best in an acidic environment.”
    (2) His statement was also, “Certain organs need to be acidic like the stomach, intestines.”

I guess my question is, since the main location in which the Candida feed and multiply their cells is the intestines, and, according to the statement, Candida thieves best in an acidic environment, why do the intestines need to be acidic? If the statement is correct, the only
    answer can be so that they can better thrive and multiply, therefore increasing the population of the infestation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘acidic versus alkaline’ is closed to new replies.