Accepting pain. Candida Journal

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Accepting pain. Candida Journal

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

rar
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

ANOTHER JOURNAL! Another attempt at this candida diet.
    The longest I made it in the past was 6 days, most of the days I just water fasted because I saw no point in eating if it didn’t have enjoyment. But those 6 days were very extreme, the moved very slowly, sleep was almost impossible and when it did come it was full of nightmares, awake meant being bedbound and too weak to walk and sometimes just sit up, nauseau, cold sweats hot flashes, depression.

I started to get the hang of it and I stopped resisting so much. Instead of waking up to the misery of knowing I had to get through one more day, I woke up and just accepted today would suck, that’s okay, I’m moving forward. That was a really good step. I still cut it off at day 6 but I now I know the point I have to get to is the point of acceptance so that I can move through the die off, and that the point comes at around day 6.

It’s always scary to start again and know you’re throwing yourself into that again, and that you might not even make it through and may have to repeat this attempt a few times, but I’m ready to try again. This process is extremely difficult, no wonder there are so few people who have overcame candida through diet. Well I plan on expressing the difficulty, but I also want to practice positive thinking through this journal and give voice more dedication.

The motivation is always that point of “I’ve had enough.”. The anxiety is getting worse these last few days to the point where I have to postpone going out to get groceries every day for a week until I can finally do it, I’ve failed at least 4 attempts to complete my grade 12 year highschool only because I’m too anxious to leave the house or I’m too fatigued to do the work. The depression is suddenly worsening too, I’ve just had enough.

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

hey rar,
    If you find it so difficult to water fast, why not skip the cleanse part and start right on the strict diet?

rar

High wishnhope, thanks for the fast reply, don’t worry I don’t’ plan to water fast. That’s something that just seemed easier the last time I was doing the diet, just ended up happening. Sticking to the diet is the plan 🙂

rar

Okay so I started, end of the first day without sugar.It’s amazing what even 1 day without sugar ups and downs can do. My body already feels calmer. Already the bloating and gas is gone, the athlete’s foot, the weird fermenting kind of feeling that I get in my feet (ick horrible feeling), the head pressure. I’m able to connect to my emotions more already, more clear headed. That was fast. It feels good

All I ate today was pork and brazil nuts? Not the most balanced day.I actually took in literally 0 sugars today, not even a wee bit from lettuce. Not something I plan to do the rest of the week obviously but I found it really weird to see on nutritiondata that my food added up to 0 on the glycemic index. Didn’t even know that was possible

Already a bit of the old symptoms that occur when you quit sugar are coming up. The first one, insomnia. It is quite scary when you realize that you have been relying on sugar to fall asleep, or have a bowel movement (I get so horribly constipated if I don’t feed the candida, never heard of that before). Without sugar, my body forgets how to do these things, already. No weakness yet but expecting tomorrow that to start.

One question, how do you guys go out to get groceries when the weakness starts? I eat a lot of fresh vegetables but if I can barely get out of bed for 2 weeks, I don’t see how that will happen.

rar

end of day 2, not much to report. Have been very apathetic/depressed today. I’m sure a lot of that has to do with this diet/sugar withdrawal. I woke up with a yeast infection so I saw that as a good sign. Very surprised that I have not hit the die off state yet, usually day 2 is the most difficult?

Ate a salad w/ sunflower seed dressing (soaked 12 hours, no worries)
    And now am eating some soaked hazelnuts and alfalfa sprouts.
    Oh, also I took bentonite clay in the morning.
    No appetite today. Hmm.. very depressed. Hang out with a friend but couldn’t manage the energy to smile, laugh, do anything really! This is usual for whenever I try this diet. That will be the hardest part for sure, but I can handle it

immunetroubles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

rar

Sorry to hear this is such a tough road for you! Especially since you’re so young. I’m wondering if you went too hard at the cleanse, and that resulted in massive die-off and weakness, such that you couldn’t really stay on it and get past that first difficult week. I think, and I’ve seen this recommended by the experts on this forum, that you could consider cutting out the cleanse, and going straight to the diet. Another idea would be for you to go and stock up at the grocery store before you begin the diet, maybe even prepare some really tasty forum recipies and have them available for you when you start.

I feel that it’s better to start off slow and stay on the diet as much as you can, than to have to keep stoppping due to die off and weakness. If you fail at all (cheat on the diet), don’t give up, just keep going with it as best you can. Although I’ve had some food I shouldn’t have several times, I am still trying to stick with it as much as possible and I am improving. Best of luck, and I hope you’re feeling better soon!! Lynda

rar

Thanks immune. I’m going to take that advice and be less strict (Did not realize I was closer to the cleansing stage rather than the diet stage with what I have been doing).
    I think I’ll start to include a lot of organic meats into the diet so that my body has something else to work on rather than cleansing. Shame I’m allergic to dairy and eggs though. I’ve tested including some of the grains in the okay list and I get a reaction to most of the ones I’ve tried so have just decided not to touch grains.

I’m guessing the meat should be organic/antibiotic free?

Also I found a home-delivery service at one of the stores I shop at. Perfect incase the weakness doesn’t let up (It is really strong every since I woke up today). Honestly I wanted to rush right into detox because I’m sick of being sick and just want it over with! Sometimes it’s great to be able to say “This is probably the worst of it” rather than fearing when the worst of it will be. But I definitely don’t want to start yo-yoing.

How bizarre that right now things like soda, chocolate pancakes and other sucrose-dense foods seem like poison, but FRUIT seems absolutely godly. Fructose is so addictive

rar

This is now a candida transitioning journal. I did not feel stable with the decision to jump into the diet, especially because I was so weak today (I will say though that bentonite clay really seems to help with die off, I had the energy to get out of bed to get water and stuff which usually is not there when I feel weak). The weird thing is I already noticed positive effects even on just day 3, even while I was weak and flu-y. So that’s awesome and really shows it’s a good direction.

I’m going to start by just eliminating grains (corn, rice) for probably about a week, then just eat fruit as a sugar source (dried or not)>just fresh fruit> and then I’ll remove all fruit and replace with buckwheat or something and then finally it will be onto the die off stage. It will take somewhere between 2-4 weeks, I just don’t want to push myself, I binge eat if I feel restricted.

rar

K guys. Today was a collard wrap with tahini, broccoli and quinoa for breakfast and lunch. Then I had some homemade buckwheat crackers for a snack. I decided to start with basically a candida diet + the safe “grains” or seeds and will eliminate them in about 1-2 weeks.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

rar,

Have you looked at the discussion board on this forum? I really feel you have no need to suffer the way you are. Not only are you doing the fasting to leads to extreme fatigue and depression, but you’re not following the right diet – the quinoa, hazelnuts, fruit… all feed the diet. Why do the water fast and then ingest something that will kickstart the candida growth again? You’ll continue to go around in this viscous and dificualt circle. I did it as per the forum protocol and it was tough but very manageable. I never felt extreme hunger or agonising die off because I took Able’s advice re supplements and diet. Please, please check out the protocol on the discussion pages of this forum and NOT the website advice.

I wish you well with your recovery (I am 99% cured after 4 months on the forum diet… was vastly better after just 2 weeks on the diet and almost there after 6 weeks… the last 2 months have been slow and steady towards a full cure).

Your journal makes for dramatic reading… but there really is no need for tis process to be so dramatic & painful!!

LucyLu

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: rar; Have you looked at the discussion board on this forum? I really feel you have no need to suffer the way you are. Not only are you doing the fasting to leads to extreme fatigue and depression, but you’re not following the right diet – the quinoa, hazelnuts, fruit… all feed the diet.

Your journal makes for dramatic reading… but there really is no need for tis process to be so dramatic & painful!!

Concurring here, Lucy, totally.

Rar, Lucy has complete support from the seasoned veterans on the forum in what she’s told you.

And pardon me, but starting your journey to a cure for your infestation by naming the journal “Accepting Pain” is an extremely negative approach, not to mention its possible effect on other new members. Using the title, “Accepting Pain” infers to me that you’ve already given up. Really would have preferred a different title, but that’s just me.

Don’t you hate it when someone says, “Been there, done that”? Yeah, I used to as well, but on this forum, when it comes to factual information on how to cure your infestation, well, you simply can’t get any closer to that than listening to, “Been there, done that.” That’s because that statement means that someone has traveled the path before you, and the people who have traveled it know the tricky turns, the detours and the potential problems, and above all, they’ve learned how to reach your destination.

Imagine you’re on a trip to some distant place to which you’ve never traveled before. You don’t have a map with you. Next to you in the passenger’s seat is a truck driver who has traveled to your destination many times during his career. Would you bother to listen to his directions and advice or would you turn to guess work to find your destination? Then why not use the same sensible logic in curing your infestation and listen to the people on the forum who have literally “been there, done that” before you? They’ve cut the path for you which means you’re not on an undiscovered path, Rar, you’re on a path that has already been mapped out for you if you’ll just use common sense and take advantage of it.

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Accepting pain. Candida Journal’ is closed to new replies.