Acacia Gum

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Hi there.

I was thinking about adding in Acacia Gum as a prebiotic/soluble fibre. Someone recommended it to me who has had benefit with it. I’ve found studies that indicate it’s at least as good as Inulin in terms of growing healthy gut bacteria.

However, Able used to write that Acacia was also a sugar that will feed the yeast. I recently had a bad candida flare up so I’m a little hesitant.

Has anybody tried Acacia and what was your experience?

bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

approximately_me;54384 wrote: Hi there.

I was thinking about adding in Acacia Gum as a prebiotic/soluble fibre. Someone recommended it to me who has had benefit with it. I’ve found studies that indicate it’s at least as good as Inulin in terms of growing healthy gut bacteria.

However, Able used to write that Acacia was also a sugar that will feed the yeast. I recently had a bad candida flare up so I’m a little hesitant.

Anyone have any feedback on this? I thought acacia gum was a good thing to take as well. I read that it is not a sugar.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

approximately_me;54384 wrote: Hi there.

I have used Acacia in the past with no benefit or detriment.
    Acacia, Inulin, Pectin, FOS, B-Glucan, and other soluble fibers have a very limited effect on those with intestinal candidiasis or dysbiosis.

The above prebiotics are great for people who have the right bacteria (quantity & diversity) to digest them.

-D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Acacia Gum’ is closed to new replies.