About to Give Up! Help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions About to Give Up! Help

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

maposch33
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I was diagnosed with Candida on 9/24/13. I have had gas and bloating for at least 10 years and tried many diets. I went to an alternative doctor. He is an DO. He prescribed a Candida Diet for 3 weeks which is similar to the one listed here except it allows coffee, an apple a day and carrots but no apple cider vinegar. He also prescribed many supplements. Diflucan, probiotics (which I already took), colon cleanse, multi-vitamin, vitamin, A, E, buffered C, fish oil, and some more. He also wanted me to do Nutritional and Oxidative IV’s. One problem is he does not deal with insurance. I have to submit claims and so far I have not received any money back after spending much money.

So my first week on the diet I did feel better. However, the second week I did have symptoms and the third week I got sick with cold like symptoms and I was really fatigued. I followed the diet for about 98% of the time only having some pork one night. I only did 2 rounds of the IV’s.

I go back to the Dr. after 3 weeks and he says I should continue with the diet for another 3 weeks and also try to do the IV’s. There are also expensive and take several hours. I feel a little better in week 4 but I do have some symptoms. Some gas and slight cramping in lower abdomen. With some constipation. I think maybe it is more stress related. I do go back for an IV and the nurse says to take CALM (a magnesium drink). I take that one night and I feel the best I felt in a long time the next day. This may be the answer! However, I do have some symptoms in the next few days.

I have given up so much (such as getting together with friends and other things I like) but I still get symptoms. I have the discipline to stick with it but like many other things I tried, they seem to work at first but then symptoms return. So this past weekend I can’t take it anymore and have some Apple Cider with some rum one night, some wine and a beer another. Not much at all and I do continue with the diet otherwise. However, I do have symptoms again. A side not, I did an ab routine 3 days ago. I say that because sometime that seemed to create more pressure with the gas.

Like I said, I tried so hard to be disciplined with diet but yet I still had symptoms. I am ready to give up. I go back to Dr. on Tuesday, 11/5.

I am sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to describe my situation. If anybody has any advice, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, this just seemed like another promising program which in the end, doesn’t work for me.

Frustrated!

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Hi. I really wish I could offer some insight – I’m a newbie, and have been on the diet for 6 weeks so far. I just wanted to send my support – keep with it! I know how frustrating it is (AND EXPENSIVE… can’t believe how much money I’ve spent on alternative foods and meds), but it seems like it was working. From what I’ve heard on the site, it can take quite a long time to clear up completely, especially with such long running symptoms.

Just take heart in the fact that when you were following the routine you were given, things did improve.

But one question – did the doc. do any tests to see if you have candida? From what I’ve read here, there are many other conditions which have similar symptoms.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello there and welcome to the forum,

I think your outlook on the diet is not the best one to have…especially when it comes to time. I tell most forum members to plan on a 6-18 month recovery time to get over candida overgrowth. This still might not be enough because the yeast is very strong and adaptive.

The reason you felt worst initially was because of “die off” symptoms. When the yeast dies it releases thousands of toxins that generally give you “flu like symptoms”. This is why it is essential to protect/support your liver and kidneys, because they are the only organs that really help you detox.

The doctor is going to be a long term thing and its going to continue to be expensive unfortunately. This isn’t something you can get over quickly and its definitely not to be taken lightly. I look at CRC (candida related complex) as more of a disease, but one that is very treatable and generally doesn’t kill anyone.

It sounds like he is a mix between a naturopathic doctor and regular MD. The only unfortunate thing is he isn’t being honest about the timeframe you should expect to get better. Additionally, he isn’t addressing your gas problems it seems like if you still are having it.

One of greatest causes of gas is food fermenting in the gut sitting there undigested. There are a few ways to treat this easily. The first one would involve chewing your food more, up to 20-30 chews per bite.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

The second reason could be due to lack/deficiency of stomach acid. If you don’t have enough stomach acid, the food will continue to not break down well.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

By supplementing with HCL you likely will notice improvement:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

Let us know if there is more we can do to help.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

The only reason I use my doctor is to diagnose how serious my candida infestation is and also for prescription drugs (if any). Next time I see her, I will ask a LOT of questions, mainly about things I have read here.
    The last time I saw her was more than six months ago. I’m pretty sure I’m doing fine without her.
    If you’re short on money, go easy on the doctor visits. Instead use your time to do some research yourself and see what other people have done to cure themselves.
    I see that you are new here. Are you familiar with the diet, the protocol, the antifungals, probiotics, supplements, …? If not, I’ll write you a summary of things you have to look into when I have a bit more time.
    I see raster has posted a few minutes ago. Follow his advice on your gas problem. I’m supplementing HCl right now. (Still figuring out the dose…) I’ll keep you updated.

Take care and hang in there!

maposch33

Thank you for all your replies. I really appreciate your help.

Jennybear, I did a comprehensive stool analysis and blood tests. They showed Candida.

Raster,
    my doctor did say it Candida was tough and could take a long time to get better. He just segments the diet in 3 week sections and then re-evaluates to see if any food can be re-introduced. And probably to collect an office visit fee. I do eat fast and probably don’t chew my food enough.

Is the HCL a prescription or can you get it over the counter? I really appreciate your help.

TheChosenOne,
    My doctor did prescribe Diflucan, supplements, and the diet. However, I would appreciate the summary when you have the time.

Like I said, I have tried many things before each thinking this is the cure. But the symptoms would return. Don’t get me wrong, I have the discipline to stay strict but when things didn’t work as well as I thought, I just felt I am tired of trying to figure this out. I am 5’10 and 175 pounds. I try to workout when I can and eat healthy in general. People say I look healthy but they don’t understand how I feel inside. So avoiding alot of things that I don’t even have in excess, I just needed to cheat a little this weekend. And I don’t know if my symptoms are from cheating or from a pre-existing problem such as the HCL.

I thank you for all your help.

Can I follow the plan on TheCandidaDiet? Instead of spending all this money on IV’s, specialty nutritional supplements (take good quality cheaper alternatives instead), and doctor’s visits.

maposch33

Also, I have a hard time tolerating the cold with cold hands and feet, especially if temp is below 40. Even in my house at night. I do have dry skin.

Can there be any connection with these symptoms?

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Cold hands and feet are an issue for me as well. They do say that Candida can appear in the symptoms you are describing – cold hands and feet, eczema and other skin conditions. Hopefully as you move along in your treatment you’ll see an improvement.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

maposch33;50626 wrote: I was diagnosed with Candida on 9/24/13. I have had gas and bloating for at least 10 years and tried many diets. I went to an alternative doctor. He is an DO. He prescribed a Candida Diet for 3 weeks which is similar to the one listed here except it allows coffee, an apple a day and carrots but no apple cider vinegar. He also prescribed many supplements. Diflucan, probiotics (which I already took), colon cleanse, multi-vitamin, vitamin, A, E, buffered C, fish oil, and some more. He also wanted me to do Nutritional and Oxidative IV’s. One problem is he does not deal with insurance. I have to submit claims and so far I have not received any money back after spending much money.

So my first week on the diet I did feel better. However, the second week I did have symptoms and the third week I got sick with cold like symptoms and I was really fatigued. I followed the diet for about 98% of the time only having some pork one night. I only did 2 rounds of the IV’s.

I go back to the Dr. after 3 weeks and he says I should continue with the diet for another 3 weeks and also try to do the IV’s. There are also expensive and take several hours. I feel a little better in week 4 but I do have some symptoms. Some gas and slight cramping in lower abdomen. With some constipation. I think maybe it is more stress related. I do go back for an IV and the nurse says to take CALM (a magnesium drink). I take that one night and I feel the best I felt in a long time the next day. This may be the answer! However, I do have some symptoms in the next few days.

I have given up so much (such as getting together with friends and other things I like) but I still get symptoms. I have the discipline to stick with it but like many other things I tried, they seem to work at first but then symptoms return. So this past weekend I can’t take it anymore and have some Apple Cider with some rum one night, some wine and a beer another. Not much at all and I do continue with the diet otherwise. However, I do have symptoms again. A side not, I did an ab routine 3 days ago. I say that because sometime that seemed to create more pressure with the gas.

Like I said, I tried so hard to be disciplined with diet but yet I still had symptoms. I am ready to give up. I go back to Dr. on Tuesday, 11/5.

I am sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to describe my situation. If anybody has any advice, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, this just seemed like another promising program which in the end, doesn’t work for me.

Frustrated!

Sadly, this isn’t a one pill solution out there illness, yet it is to be taken seriously. You are doing well already, reading and asking questions – informing YOURSELF is what ultimately will aid your healing journey. No one but, YOU can do this for you: YOU have to do it yourself. Yes, it’s overwhelming at first – all the conflicting information out there (threelac/fivelac – be yeast free in 14 days! yeah, right!) it’s more than frustrating.

Cold hands and feet are very common with Candida issues. Take your body temp when you feel “okay” and I bet it’s at least a half to a full degree or more lower than 98.6 degrees – I run an average of 97.3 and when it’s around normal (98.6) I feel feverish like. Yes, cold weather just ZAPS all my strength right out of me – which when taken in context of CRC causing a below normal body temp, your getting close to hypothermia territory….I’ve noted on occasion in the mid 95 range!!!!!

KEEP WARM to help your body put that energy into healing, not trying to keep your core temp “normal” when it isn’t “normal” due to CRC to begin with!!!

Blessings along your healing journey!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘About to Give Up! Help’ is closed to new replies.