About Tea..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions About Tea..

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

brendo
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Hi everyone,
    After continually browsing through this forum reading posts and gathering information I have finally joined. I’m restarting my candida treatment and I’m wondering about drinking tea during the initial detox/cleanse period and the first part of the diet. If I stick to teas such as Camomile, peppermint, ginger, fennel, lemon grass, chicory root, would this be alright or should I wait until I have started the diet and test first?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you’re going to use a tea during the detox period, you should get an organic tea since it’s less likely to contain molds. You would also need to choose one with a high level of antioxidants and vitamin C to help with the detox process. Rose hip tea is perfect for t his purpose and contains no caffeine. I would add organic Nettle Leaf tea after the detox and try not to use so many different types. Organic chicory tea would also be acceptable since it’s a plus for the beneficial bacteria.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: Organic chicory tea would also be acceptable since it’s a plus for the beneficial bacteria.

I’ve seen this on Amazon, but I was wondering if the freeze dried variety would have the same benefits. Does it matter?

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Does anyone know of Oolong tea is ok for the diet?

It’s organic, un-bleached, and caffeine free, and has many detox and other health benefits such as improved circulation.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All herbal teas are OK with the diet. Examples include oolong, chamomile, etc.

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Does the brand you’re buying say caffeine-free? Although there are lots of kinds and ways of making it, oolong tea generally contains caffeine.

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Yes it says organic, un bleached and caffeine free, the brand is clipper. To be honest I’m going to use up my supply then switch to something else for awhile anyway for a bit of variation

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I completely stopped drinking tea from tea bags because of the increase of possibility of mold in them. I read about it a couple times on the forum.

Now I drink hot water with some lemon/AVC in it.

It was one of the things I realized could still be holding me back from progress.

Kirsty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘About Tea..’ is closed to new replies.