Able I have a question about coconut oil.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able I have a question about coconut oil.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie2 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Candi diet
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 24

Hello I know that coconut oil is a great anti-fungal. I bought coconut oil in amazon website and it have arrived today. But when I open it, the coconut oil was solid like solid butter. And it have a great taste I love it but Is that normal? I mean it shouldn´t be liquid like olive oil? This is the product : http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic-Coconut-54-Ounce-Containers/dp/B003QDRJXY/ref=dp_cp_ob_gro_title_0.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Coconut oil is sorta like lard after cooking meat (what is left in the pan afterwards). The lard is actually oily (water-like) when its hot, but when it cools it turns solid like butter.

This goes the same for coconut oil. It is solid, but if you were to heat it, it would be a liquid.

I use coconut oil as a butter replacement on the breads.

-raster

Candi diet

But is normal be solid? Can I eat that solid? Have the sames propieties?

raster
    Participant

Yes you can and it does have the same properties. You could melt it first but it will become solid quickly.

-raster

Candi diet

Ok I prefer eat that solid. and in the web site it say that have just 50% lauric acid. I hope that will be good for candida. Cause I´m worried about if I have bought a good coconut oil.

Candi diet

But raster you coconut oil is also solid? Or is just mine?

raster
    Participant

You cannot purchase liquid coconut oil (as far as I know), and mine is solid.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Candi, it doesn’t matter if the coconut oil is solid or liquid, both forms are equally nutritious.

The coconut oil I keep in my kitchen becomes very solid when the temperature is cool, but in the summer, sometimes it melts into a completely liquid form by the time I get home from work if I forget to lower the air conditioner temperature.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I just returned from my week long vacation in Florida. I took my solid coconut oil with me. When I pulled it out of my bag in Florida it was a clear liquid. I ate it that way the first day then put it in the fridge and it was a solid. I took it out and packed it to come home. When I came back to Michigan it was part solid and part liquid. It is all good :). Ate fresh coconut righ from the tree. What a treat. Coconut bread with fresh coconut…think I’m living in the wrong part of the world. Daughter would laugh at me when we swam in the ocean…”Mommy, you can drink all the ocean water you want because it has sea salt!”

Gotta love the life we have 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Able I have a question about coconut oil.’ is closed to new replies.