A month in and die off still bad, so is candida

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals A month in and die off still bad, so is candida

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

catlover0329
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I’ve been on candida diet for a month and am still having really bad die off in the form of skin rashes and hives and insomnia. I am taking 3000 mg of vitamin C, a multivitamin, echinacea, a garlic and ginger supplement, milk thistle, multiple doses of molybdenum, Spirulina, nettle leaf tea, a strong probiotic, coconut kefir, and of course having no sugar at all. My diet consists primarily of homemade chicken vegetable soup (a little carrot, onion, and garlic) and a plate of leafy salad greens with cultured veggies and EVOO. If I am hungry I have a handful of soaked, dehydrated almonds.

I take an oatmeal bath every night with Epsom salt and/or apple cider vinegar, drink lots of water, and have had 6 sessions of colon hydrotherapy and two sessions of infrared sauna.

My question is how long has the die off lasted for some of you? I did the spit test this morning and was dismayed to see lots of floatey stringy things in there which tells me I still have a colony of candida in my body. I wonder what it was like when I started? I am going nuts having rashes that itch unbearably and a red face. It seems like it gets better for a little while then all of a sudden (usually at night) I itch so bad I want to die.

Any advice would be helpful.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The spit test should not be used for diagnosis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

If you were to sweat out the toxins by doing sauna, steam room, hot tub, jacuzzi, etc. it likely would completely reduce or eliminate die-off. The length of die-off varies person to person.

I would be very careful with spirulina and would try time without it. I’ve had problems with it personally.

-raster

catlover0329
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Thanks, raster! I’m surprised the spit test isn’t valid test for candida since it seems like so many sites including Body Ecology advocate this is a cheap and quick way to test for it. I had no idea. I do have symptoms of candida overgrowth namely in the form of progressively worse food allergies. Started with gluten three years ago and eliminated it and then had to progressively cut out soy, dairy, MSG, all additives, and eat organic – and sometimes I still reacted to foods high in histamine. I have leaky gut and probably it resulted from multiple rounds of steriod creams and antibiotics plus from being on the Pill for years. I am seeing a doctor in December (one who leans toward holistic therapy) so I am hoping she can help me confirm it and make sure I am on the right track.

I am curious about what didn’t work for you for spirulina. It seems to cause bad die off reactions in me when I take just one but I am not sure if that is the cause – so I am careful to take it as little as possible. I am also starting on a different antifungal tomorrow called Nutracraft Parasite Clear in case I have a parasite in my gut. For probiotics I currently take Threelac powder once per day and Jo-Mar Labs Pure Form 21 Blend amino acids to assist in digestion. I read some bad things about Threelac so am switching to Maxi 7 million Supreme Advanced Multi Probiotic capsules when they arrive from Amazon. I’m also starting Jarrow Formulas L-Arginine amino acid to support my immune system and detox my liver.

I wish I had access to a steam room, sauna or hot tub. Infrared sauna costs $20 per session and I am going broke with all of the supplements I am buying. Did I mention the bentonite clay I got too? I figure something has got to help.

I am gonna look for a sauna or hot tub to detox the die off. I think I get to use the pool and attached hot tub at a hotel near me for free as a result of my gym membership. Thanks for the help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want diagnosis, I would check out the candia5 test which is pretty cheap. Spirulina gave me the runs and I had bad reactions to it.

Threelac is pretty weak and there are other probiotics that contain those strains in higher quantities. One is a thorne product (bacillus coagulans) and then garden of life contains the other 2 strains.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A month in and die off still bad, so is candida’ is closed to new replies.