A higgledy-piggledy introduction & a few questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A higgledy-piggledy introduction & a few questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello Candida Diet forum,

Chronic fatigue has plagued me for the last 9 years, along with a slew of other symptoms that seem to sit well beneath the candida umbrella. I can’t say I’m paralyzed by the condition- that is to say wheelchair-bound like some sufferers of CFS- although its presence is real and unrelenting. The other day, a naturopath asked me to rate my energy levels in the mornings on a scale of 1-10- with one being dismal; 10 marvelous and so forth. My response was “0” and it finally dawned on me how haggard my health actually is.

Recently I stumbled upon the controversy and skepticism embroiled in such enigmatic diseases as CFS, with people flicking them off as “psychosomatic” and even “non-existent”. If only this were the case. The reality is that my immune system took several serious beatings over the course of my adolescence, exposing my system to all types of flus and colds that were in circulation over the years; all of which were duly remediated by a ceaseless flux of antibiotic prescriptions at the hand of my somewhat ignorant GP.

I know it’s not psychosomatic as the emotional tax (depression) only manifested after years of incessant lethargy, sinusitis and perplexed doctors, and as some of these skeptics attest, it certainly isn’t laziness, as my zeal for life and ambition prevail mentally, despite being physically restrained and unfulfilled. I think it’s fairly certain I have candida, or CFS, or parasites, or something closely interrelated to the mixed salad of symptoms candida represents, and thus am 25 days deep in strict dieting, probiotics and natural supplements (oil of oregano, pau d’arco, olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract etc). My fatigue has unquestionably worsened, and I feel utterly drained all day, although I do attribute this to herxheimer reactions and am optimistic this phase will pass- well at least I hope so. I generally live quite well. I was uninhibited by my symptoms over the years; my mental discipline nullified my physical ailments and I forced myself to play sports and go out at night despite my body telling me solemnly otherwise. I realize this has probably been detrimental to my health in the long-run.

I wanted to know whether anyone has had similar experiences to me and whether the diet or any other alternative medicine approaches (acupuncture, chinese medicine, NLP etc) have been successful; especially for combatting fatigue. I read that one must adhere to the diet one month for each year that they have been sick- which for me sketches out a long and bumpy 9 month recovery period. This is no easy task at 25 within a network of social bees. I have also ordered an anti-parasitic cleanse by Dr Hulda Clark to rule that potential ailment out of the equation. Also, is some kind of colon cleanse essential to rid my body of this debilitating fungus?

Appreciate any help/inspiration.

Richard

themarn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

Hi Richard,

I am new to the forums and somewhat new to curing myself of this nasty fungus. I wanted to share about a colon cleanse you asked about; I did a salt water cleanse that left me feeling much lighter with more energy. And that was only 1 day of doing it; some of my google research about it suggested a week of doing it everyday. There’s plenty of info on the web about it if you’re interested. It’s cheap and wasn’t that hard to do.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I wanted to know whether anyone has had similar experiences to me

Reply: I would guess at least half the members on the forum have experiences which parallel your story.

and whether the diet or any other alternative medicine approaches (acupuncture, chinese medicine, NLP etc) have been successful; especially for combatting fatigue.

Reply: The protocol we have on the forum has helped many people to combat fatigue stemming from the infestation as well as many other symptoms. Notice that this protocol is a little different from the one on the website.
    The Protocol

I read that one must adhere to the diet one month for each year that they have been sick- which for me sketches out a long and bumpy 9 month recovery period.

Reply: I don’t know where you read that, but don’t put a lot of stock in any timeline that you read. Everyone is different, every infestation is different, everyone will approach & adhere to the treatment differently, and there’s no way whatsoever to predict how long it will take to reach a cure of any Candida infestation.

This is no easy task at 25 within a network of social bees.

Reply: Do you think this is an easy task for a mother with several small children at home, or a mother who is breast-feeding and caring for an infant, a father with a family and a 10 hour a day job, or a full time college student with a very limited income? Sorry to tell you this, but your lifestyle doesn’t make your infestation different or worse, nor does it make the treatment any more difficult for you than anyone else who has been through it and cured their infestation.

I have also ordered an anti-parasitic cleanse by Dr Hulda Clark

Reply: Are you talking about the $300+ kit or did you find a cheaper version? It doesn’t matter really, if you have the money to spend on these expensive products, that’s your prerogative. But for those who are reading who don’t, the protocol we offer (free) will do the same thing with a less invasive treatment and less expensive products such as fresh lemons that you can pick up at your local market place.

Also, is some kind of colon cleanse essential to rid my body of this debilitating fungus?

Reply: This isn’t essential, but it certainly can’t hurt.

If you decide to take a look at our protocol and have specific questions please let us know.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Howdy richard,

I believe most of use have experienced the same thing you have experienced, so don’t feel alone.

One thing you might want to consider is getting an adrenal fatigue test to see what hormone levels are low, etc and have them analyzed by a naturopath or regular doctor. I thought I had adrenal fatigue, but when I got the results back, it showed that I didn’t snack enough and that I didn’t chew my food enough. Chewing your food 30+ times per bite can lead to much greater nutrient absorption from the foods you eat because the surface area is increased for absorbtion.

Additionally, how much sleep do you get? How much caffeine do you drink? How much exercise do you get?

I was very fatigued after starting the diet and it got worse than before I started the diet. But after 3-4 months, my energy started to come back and I slowly got closer and closer to feeling normal. It may be the same timeline for you, but just thought I’d mention how long it took for me to see some significant results.

As far as the colon cleanse, I wouldn’t worry too much about this personally. A great alternative is to drink coffee/caffeine once a week and that’ll clean your colon out real good!

As far as acupuncture is concerned, I find it to be a great benefit. It helps reduce stress, helps detox, gives me energy, and improves my digestion. I go in every 3 weeks or so and highly recommend it.

-Raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A higgledy-piggledy introduction & a few questions’ is closed to new replies.