A Hidden Problem

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A Hidden Problem

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Alandus205 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

No matter how hard you try to avoid starch on the Candida diet, you’re never able to keep it out of your system completely. All vegetables contain some starch; to show you an example, one serving of cucumbers contain 11 grams of starch. Believe it or not, even lettuce and broccoli contain smaller amounts of starch. Is there any wonder it takes so long to cure a Candida infestation? Even when you’ve avoided all forms of sugar plus all the carbohydrates you can possibly avoid, you’re still obtaining a perfect Candida food every time you eat a meal which contains vegetables. Do you have any idea how many Candida fungi that even a small amount of starch can feed? Sounds like a hopeless situation at first glance.

But not at second glance; because there’s a way to prevent all of that starch from being broken down in your body and therefore feeding the Candida because you want to continue eating those vegetables whose fiber is feeding the beneficial bacteria growing in your intestines which will eventually cure your infestation.

Let’s look at what takes place every time you eat a food containing even a small amount of starch.
    When you eat a cucumber, or any other vegetable, a particular enzyme that your body produces called amylase goes to work breaking down and changing the starch in those vegetables into conjoined units of glucose sugars. Of course, these simple sugar chains are what the Candida have been feeding on even when you swear you’ve eaten absolutely nothing that could feed those bastard Candida in your body.
    So it seems that the real culprit here is not the starch itself, but rather the lone enzyme, amylase, which is basically turning the starch in that beautiful green vegetable into simple sugars. But what if there was a way to block the amylase from doing its job? Well, according to a study published in the Internal Journal of Medical Science, doing this is very possible, and it’s done in a very simple manner by using white kidney bean extract. That’s right; white kidney bean extract is an amylase inhibitor which prevents the starches from changing into simple sugars.

White kidney bean extract is available at the Vitamin Shoppe chain stores, Amazon, and iHerb as well as other vitamin and health food stores.

Able

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

What happens to the foods (starch) if we inhibit amylase? Do we still digest it and get the nutrients from it?

Kirsty

Toffeecoo
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

thanks for the tip! I’ve actually been eating cucumbers for a snack recently :(! This will help offset it. I had no idea, wahh!

Able900
    Spectator

kirstyk4 wrote: What happens to the foods (starch) if we inhibit amylase? Do we still digest it and get the nutrients from it?

Hi, Kirsty.

There are many types of enzymes and each has a specific function, so other enzymes are produced by the body which break down the fibers and other parts of the vegetables, the function of amylase is to break down starch. And yes, we still receive the positive benefits from the vegetables. After all, starch and the sugar that it produces are not exactly nutrients.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Interesting post able…

Makes me wanna sorta try white kidney beans despite the starch…never had them before!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

very good info, I only get frustrated as I hardly get anything here in Sweden.
    the don’t have any kind of alcohol free bitters either. Not even oil of oregano. I found one on-line shop they are have sold out until next year. Because of all these protective laws and laws against free drugs and herbs and food, I am afraid that if I order things for a lot of money from the state the customs will take it away from me.

stupid situation
    thanks for the info anyhow its good to know
    yours
    thomas

pdb
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

Hi Able… great post! Good to know this as I read a couple of months ago that Buckwheat contains a bit of starch… I eat it almost everyday for dinner with organic eggs and vegetables from your ‘Allowed Foods List’, and have been wondering in the back of my mind if eating this everyday has been slowing my recovery at all… and as you say almost everything we eat contains starch… so I think this ‘White Kidney Bean Extract’ is next on my must purchase list…

A couple questions…

You mentioned iHerb have ‘White Kidney Bean Extract’…. I buy my supplements from iHerb as they charge so little for postage compared to Amazon…

– Can you send me a link to the one you think would be best to take while fighting Candida?

I did a search and it turned up quite a few results to choose from… http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=white+kidney+bean+extract

– Also, how many times a day do you think one should take it… before every meal?

Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, pbd.

The product I’ll post below is in liquid gel cap form, which is reliable for this extract.

In case anyone was going to ask, yes it contains soy lecithin, but this is pure soy oil and isn’t known to affect Candida. It’s the manufactured soy products which cause problems because of the way they’re fermented. I took a soy lecithin pill throughout my treatment without a problem, still managing to cure the infestation within a few months using the protocol we have on the forum.

http://www.iherb.com/Irwin-Naturals-3-In-1-Carb-Blocker-White-Bean-Extract-Maximum-Strength-75-Liquid-Soft-Gels/3184?at=0

Follow directions on the container.

Able

Alandus205
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hi Able. I recently purchased the Irwin carb blockers hoping for success. Did this supplement cure your Candida?

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

Alandus, As far as I know Able 900 left this website ages ago.

Alandus205
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A Hidden Problem’ is closed to new replies.