A few basic ideas for meals for people new to diet and cooking

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner A few basic ideas for meals for people new to diet and cooking

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  weBhealthy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hallmark
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 6

Once you can have kefir, spoon a few tablespoons on your salad. Draining it 24 hours with a strainer yields lovely “laban” which tastes like yummy sour cream. I’m eager to mix this with some fresh herbs and lemon juice then spread it on some of the allowed homemade breads!

Back to salads – try using the juice of a whole (small) lemon with about 2 T. olive oil. Yes, this is way too much but I slurp it up while I’m eating the salad. This is a way to get extra olive oil into your diet, especially the first two weeks when you are so limited.

How to get more coconut oil in the diet: I can’t stomach it plain on a spoon and there’s a limit on how much can be absorbed by sauteed vegetables. When I make soup I put 2 T. coconut oil in my bowl then spoon the soup over it. Another idea is to put it in your tea but that’s too oily for me.

Back to the soup – I bake or cook in crockpot a whole chicken, pick meat off, boil bones with onion, celery, etc. to make broth. Once I have the broth I cool it in a sink of cold water then portion it out to 1 quart yogurt containers, then freeze it. To make soup, I cut up fresh onion, garlic, celery then add whatever frozen vegetables that seem good. In the past, I have included these in the soup: zucchini, sunchokes, okra, green beans,asparagus, broccoli, all the basic greens, baby bok choy, yellow squash, leeks. Now for the end – I do not season the pot of soup. I ladle some into my bowl then I add whatever spices I want that day. Also I’ve been adding about 1 T. coconut flour to the bowl which thickens it nicely and makes it seem creamy and extra yummy.

I hope you find an idea or two here to liven up your meals.

Edited to add: I found that sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes) really helped with constipation. I dice them in centimeter cubes and roast them at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes with oil, salt, and pepper. Just control yourself on how many you eat – the first night I made them, they tasted so much like roasted potatoes that I ate nearly 1/2 pound. My intestines seemed to do somersaults all night long! Just a few per meal will do nicely. Once roasted, they are great in salads, plain, or with any sauteed vegetable or in soup.

wornawoman
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Awesome ideas for food…thank you. The soup sounds great!

weBhealthy
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hallmark;38248 wrote: Once you can have kefir, spoon a few tablespoons on your salad. Draining it 24 hours with a strainer yields lovely “laban” which tastes like yummy sour cream. I’m eager to mix this with some fresh herbs and lemon juice then spread it on some of the allowed homemade breads!

Back to salads – try using the juice of a whole (small) lemon with about 2 T. olive oil. Yes, this is way too much but I slurp it up while I’m eating the salad. This is a way to get extra olive oil into your diet, especially the first two weeks when you are so limited.

How to get more coconut oil in the diet: I can’t stomach it plain on a spoon and there’s a limit on how much can be absorbed by sauteed vegetables. When I make soup I put 2 T. coconut oil in my bowl then spoon the soup over it. Another idea is to put it in your tea but that’s too oily for me.

Back to the soup – I bake or cook in crockpot a whole chicken, pick meat off, boil bones with onion, celery, etc. to make broth. Once I have the broth I cool it in a sink of cold water then portion it out to 1 quart yogurt containers, then freeze it. To make soup, I cut up fresh onion, garlic, celery then add whatever frozen vegetables that seem good. In the past, I have included these in the soup: zucchini, sunchokes, okra, green beans,asparagus, broccoli, all the basic greens, baby bok choy, yellow squash, leeks. Now for the end – I do not season the pot of soup. I ladle some into my bowl then I add whatever spices I want that day. Also I’ve been adding about 1 T. coconut flour to the bowl which thickens it nicely and makes it seem creamy and extra yummy.

I hope you find an idea or two here to liven up your meals.

Edited to add: I found that sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes) really helped with constipation. I dice them in centimeter cubes and roast them at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes with oil, salt, and pepper. Just control yourself on how many you eat – the first night I made them, they tasted so much like roasted potatoes that I ate nearly 1/2 pound. My intestines seemed to do somersaults all night long! Just a few per meal will do nicely. Once roasted, they are great in salads, plain, or with any sauteed vegetable or in soup.

I’m mainly vegan so the tips on how to add more coconut oil without eating it on a spoon really helped as did the tip of adding coconut flour to soups! Thanks for these ideas and more.
    weBhealthy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘A few basic ideas for meals for people new to diet and cooking’ is closed to new replies.