8 1/2 Months

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 8 1/2 Months

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pamay 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pamay
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

Raster really helped me when I fell into deep trouble with brown rice flour and rice cakes the end of November. He was right, after 3 weeks on the strict diet and attending my inflammation, I was feeling better than ever. For 2 months, I just felt symptom free. But at 8 months, I started adding not one new food but several. It was not a lot, 2 granny smiths over 2 weeks, but I also added red sweet peppers in my salad frequently and I opened two more coconuts and drank the sweet water over 2 weeks. I tested ¼ cup of garbanzo beans, and ½ cup of cashews over a week and I stopped soaking my almonds. All this spread out over 2 weeks. My symptoms returned.
    Some infestations are worse than others are, and I have been harboring parasites and Candida for 30 years and my body has proven to me that I cannot eat anything sweet or carbs that go to sugar after ingestion. It is not that I crave the phase 2 foods but when I feel better, I get excited that maybe I can add stuff. But when I get sick (it starts with bloating, then the horrid constipation, the poor digestion, nausea, shivers, flu like symptoms, loss of energy) I learn again it is perfectly fine to stay on phase one maybe for even longer than 18 months. And when I do add a new food, again it will be one at a time. The Candida and parasites are voracious and waiting. I do not want to feed them. I know now what it is to feel healthy again, with energy, clear head and unbloated body. For me the diet and protocol works. So I wanted to chare that it is worth it to me to keep on the straight and narrow. I will not get down on myself because each setback I learn more about my disease and how to care for it.
    I was almost dead last June. Able and Raster and the people here and the diets and protocol saved my life, healed my leaky gut, and helped me believe I could really regenerate my organs. So to not eat anything that will feed those buggers and permit their colonies to re-explode within my body is a small price. I trust I will again be feeling better in a few weeks because that is what happened the last time. It is a tricky business but also an adventure in learning. The good news is I have learned to make delicious breads and crackers from coco flour, oat bran, hemp seeds, flax meal, and buckwheat flour. I enjoy my meals altogether – and fruit cravings are satisfied by lemons and avos and I love my sweet (truvia) and sour (acv) salad dressings. I will not feel deprived if I cannot eat an apple for a year. It’s just that all our bodies are different and the degrees of our disease at all levels. I have learned for me that the diet/protocol works if I do not deviate. I know it is going to take a long time and I am good with that.
    It has been a bumpy road but I do not get down on myself. I treat this as I did when I got off drugs and alcohol in 1978. But it has been harder because we have to eat and my palate was very refined. So, I just do not pick up the first no-no bite. And one frigin day at a time. And give care and love to the foods I can eat and make them as delicious as I can. Thank you all. Pamay.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m glad you are feeling better pamay. I’d focus more on repopulating your gut flora with prebiotics and probiotics and then the yeast won’t come back with such a vengeance when you eat apples. You likely can introduce some in small amounts in a few months. I’d also look into adding berries as an alternative as they have a number of health benefits.

-raster

pamay
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

thanks, Raster, I consider that perfect advice. My dieoff only lasted 3 days, today I feel good. I have just recently increased probiotics to 60 bil and will focus on prebiotics. I look forward to berries when I make a year, june 19.

cheers,
    Pamay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘8 1/2 Months’ is closed to new replies.