5 Most Important things you would tell someone new to candida-overgrowth

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice 5 Most Important things you would tell someone new to candida-overgrowth

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Vita 1 year ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I wanted to start a thread for those who have found relief and are near their cure-

What five things would you tell a new person to the forum that is overwhelmed with the info and would like advice based on your successes and mistakes?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

1. Diet won’t cure you, find the underlying cause and fix it. Candida is a opportunistic microbe, it wont go crazy unless something goes wrong in your body.

2. Don’t cut out sugar or carbs, but don’t overdo sugar. Cutting out carbs may help for a couple of months, but once candida adapts to fats it will become impossible to kill it while in ketosis. The trick is to cut back on foods that are toxic or create a heavier burden on your body, while still providing adequate nutrition.

3. Don’t believe everything someone else on the internet says, do your own research to confirm what they say is true. Don’t believe anyone who tells you that they cured themselves only by taking one miracle anti-fungal, they want your money.

4. The most common underlying cause of chronic candida is a suppressed immune system. Some causes are mercury and heavy metals, methylation(genetic) issues, accutane and ongoing abx usage, crippled gut flora, hypochlorhydria, and some others I’m forgetting and will add later.

5. Get the proper testing, a stool test is good but you need more than that. Get a 23andme test, organic acids test, nutreval(if you have the money), and other important tests. Candida testing is really hit or miss so don’t put your faith in the results.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

1. You dont have to have a major life-threatening disease to get candida overgrowth…anywhere.
    I have it in my throat/esophagus. I was told over and over that only people with HIV and Hepatitis get that. That is not true.

2. Experiment with supplements and antifungals, but the biggest thing to make candida go away faster is stress-reduction and adrenal support. They go hand-in-hand. Wish I started that earlier.

3. There isnt only one way to do this. There are many. I eat fruit, I omit all dairy/meat/eggs for almost 3 years and have no deficiencies or health problems related to my diet. I have blood-tests twice a year every year just because I enjoy showing my worried relatives, but even my B-12 is better than most. No one gets undernourished eating only veggies and fruit. Otherwise, Id me near dead by now.

4. Using kits and taking pills may feel pro-active, but it is possible to handle candida overgrowth without them. They may be well-tolerated and have good reviews, but if they were absolutely critical to recovery, no one would be on the forum and traditional MDs would get-in on the cash-flow. We would all be cured.

5. Do your own research. Lots of it. When someone tells you that one way is the right way, google opposing views. Look at it from all angles. People (including a few doctors)are very well-meaning, but your health is your responsibility. Question even the doctors.

EasternRay
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

I see a lot of people confused by the contradicting information and theories on Candida treatments. I think that’s the number one problem. If you agree, give me a comment.

Interesting views on this thread.

But, if I could ask a Candida newbie or a person who has been struggling with different approaches for a while with little results (or none, or even worse results!), I would ask this:

What is the No.1 thing that will take you from your situation to where you want to be? What will help you the most?

I’d appreciate feedback on this. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I see a lot of people confused by the contradicting information and theories on Candida treatments. I think that’s the number one problem. If you agree, give me a comment.

Interesting views on this thread.

But, if I could ask a Candida newbie or a person who has been struggling with different approaches for a while with little results (or none, or even worse results!), I would ask this:

What is the No.1 thing that will take you from your situation to where you want to be? What will help you the most?

I’d appreciate feedback on this. Thanks.

Thanks Ray for your thoughts. I say that the #1 thing I personally need is plenty of solid sleep, such as 8-9 hours per day. You heal so much faster with better sleep but most of us work full time. The second for me would be money. If I had more money I would get more testing done and learn more intricate details about my body and address those as well.

-raster

EasternRay
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Yes, Raster, sleep is essential for healing any illness. And money are also necessary. Regarding the information or methods/approaches to healing candida, would you be needing something to help you heal faster?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes, Raster, sleep is essential for healing any illness. And money are also necessary. Regarding the information or methods/approaches to healing candida, would you be needing something to help you heal faster?

I’m about 5 years into this and go to a good naturopath and am mostly over this as being a major problem. I think other people could use more help but I’m pretty set on what I am going to do to get better. Another thing I recommend to others is to not treat themselves and consult a professional; you’ll typically get better faster if you do it this way.

-raster

gringa perdida
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m about 5 years into this and go to a good naturopath and am mostly over this as being a major problem. I think other people could use more help but I’m pretty set on what I am going to do to get better. Another thing I recommend to others is to not treat themselves and consult a professional; you’ll typically get better faster if you do it this way.

raster, you are 5 years into killing candida? how much time is it supposed to take?

laurenziano
    Blocked
    Replies: 25

#1 yeast is the #1 source of Candida yeast infection -Candida yeast infection means exactly that yeast is the infection. Same as vaginal yeast infection is the yeast. I can’t. Eat yeast bread – yeast pizza-yeast submarine sandwiches anymore the yeast makes me vomit. I used to love that stuff. DIAHRREA 15 times a day made me stop yeast for good. Stopped yeast and diahrrea never came back for months. I got yeast overgrowth because I drank lots of tonic water with quinine. I got quinine poisoning. Quinine is used in south America to kill rats same as arsenic. Quinine explodes your blood vessels and ruins your immune system and yeast comes charging taking over your body. The post here about poison metals breaking down your immune system is right on. He knows what he’s. Talking about. Good advice. Hard to find good advice. Stop yeast it’s the cause of every disease on earth”DO NOT EAT LEAVENED BREAD FROM THE ONE WHO CREATED BREAD.

laurenziano
    Blocked
    Replies: 25

You need to find someone who specializes in yeast overgrowth cures. Physicians don’t have the high powered microscopes to detect yeast infections. Blood tests don’t. Show yeast infections. They say you don’t have a yeast infection and send you home. Trouble is yeast is making you sick. Until you take a yeast test you will never find what’s wrong with you. 1.7 billion people they say have yeast infections in the world. What do they all have in common-they all eat yeast bread every day.

ibeatthebeast
    Participant
    Replies: 14

Please listen to what I have to say. I completely understand how you feel as I was plagued by systemic candida for over 4 years. I was finally able to fully heal myself once I followed Traditional Chinese Medicine and the practice of curing a damp gut. One thing you must understand is that to treat the root cause of the infection means healing the internal organs (specifically the spleen, kidneys, and liver). You need to avoid ALL damp-forming foods including all forms of dairy, all sugar/honey/artificial sweeteners, give up all caffeine, and eat plenty of warm, drying foods including sweet potatoes, azuki beans, barley, celery, ginger, turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, etc. These should be the staples of your diet. Try it, you will see amazing results.

RiversTrini
    Participant
    Replies: 10

1. Have someone to talk to and discuss everything with this person. For me, it was my sister. When it was bad I moved in with my sister for 2 months. She took care of me. I worked but she dropped me off and cooked for me – only veggies and a very strict diet for 90 days. This helps in the long run.

2. Read Read and Read.

3. Get to know your body. Document ALL your symptoms. For me it was over 20. Toe fungus, stomach, itching, mouth, tongue, burning sensation on chest at night, rapid heart beat, memory loss, mix up words/letters, etc.

4. Know this is NOT an easy fix. I am in my 15 month of healing. I have done it all. Diet, exercise, reduce stress, rest, lifestyle changes including no alcohol for 18 months. I was a casual drinker. Don’t say you want to return “back to your old self”. Your “old self” was NOT healthy. You need to get to a NEW you and you Will.

5. Develop PATIENCE. Do not try to recovery rapidly. Stay consistent with your foods – introduce new foods SLOWLY. I can eat pretty much anything now BUT I still watch and manage my Sugar intake, caffeine etc. Do it because you love yourself.

Vita
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Hello! I’m a holistic nutritionist that had systemic candida and now takes care of people that do. Here are my top 5 tips for newbies.

1. CANDIDA DIET. You can forget about killing it if you’re not an anti-inflammatory diet. Yes it will be strict and some may be on stricter ones but it’s the very foundation of a candida cleanse. You’re literally throwing your money down the drain on supplements if you’re feeding the yeast that you’re trying to kill.

2. PREPARE PROPERLY. Don’t jump into an antifungal straight away unless you hate yourself. Your entire system is down/suppressed when you have systemic candida. Using a strong antifungal is the equivalent of suicide. You will be causing more damage than good. Therefore look for extemely gentle detoxification kits to start off first and build yourself up.

3. PROFESSIONAL HELP/RESEARCH. Honestly it’s quite difficult to overcome this without guidance. I was lucky I had my teachers at school. This forum has a wealth of knowledge as well. Granted what works for one person may not work for someone else. Moreover some professionals don’t quite know what they are talking about. I’ve had naturopaths tell me the candida diet is bs and I couldn’t believe my ears. Evidently they’ve had no experience with severe cases. If you go seek medical advice make sure they have the experience in it and don’t just know by “the textbook” how to cure it.

4. LIVER SUPPORT. When you’re in the killing phase make sure you have a high quality liver support. Everything goes through the liver including the candida die off. Unless you want to have liver problems after your candida cleanse this is a must. Dont just do milk thistle, get a complex with good reviews, go to the store and ask for the best seller or just get some glutathione. Trust me I didn’t pay enough attention to my liver during my cleanse and now am stuck cleaning it months later.

5. STRESS. Any STRESS you put on your body will weaken and provide more opportunities for candida to grow. Stress can be in the shape of a cleaner diet (yes that causes stress for you’re automatically starting a detox), strong detox supplements or highdosing specific ones, lack of sleep, and stress you experience emotionally and mentally. Sleep well, do deep breathing, take an adrenal support etc. There are many ways to go about this.

Hope this helped!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘5 Most Important things you would tell someone new to candida-overgrowth’ is closed to new replies.