12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Really sorry to hear of the accident jo*jo. How are you getting on now?

Do you now take 5 probiotic tablets per day now? Do you take more than 1 at a time? I can’t fit them in because I can tell my stomach is still full.

Best,
    Len

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Able900;36228 wrote:

About 10 days ago i mistakenly had about a teaspoon of cows milk and i noticed a reaction on my tongue almost immediately …
    So basically I’m back to where i was at christmas which is really frustrating.

Jo, I know that you didn’t intentionally cheat with the small amount of milk and that it was strictly an accident, but I’m going to use this as an example of what can happen when someone on the protocol makes this mistake or intentionally cheats.

To the Members who are reading this thread:

First, I have to say that this is exactly why I wish some of the experts and members would stop telling the new members that a ‘little’ cheat now and then isn’t going to make that much difference. As you can see from Jo’s post, telling someone that cheating occasionally is actually good for your morale is very bad advice. Jo mistakenly had one teaspoon of milk and now her treatment has been set back approximately six weeks, and it could take her another six weeks to get back to where she was at Christmas. Meanwhile, what’s happening? Well if you ask Jo, she’ll probably tell you that her morale isn’t so great right now and that she’s suffering physically. The point is; we do not know how badly a cheat or a mistake, no matter how small it is, is going to affect a member because it’s simply impossible to predict such a thing.

I think this is definitely a good example of why you shouldnt cheat. I had no idea that one mistake, or even if it was intentional, could actually make you intolerant to the things you’ve been relying on. Its not just milk kefir and yoghurt now either. Its also happening with the coconut cream i’ve been using to make a kind of risotto with veg and buckwheat and I had it sometimes every day. I’ve stopped that too for now and was thinking of going back to it maybe Sunday or Monday next week which is ages to me because I love kefir. I looked forward to it as well as it being so beneficial. Sometimes I used to eat a whole 500g pot of Fage yoghurt each day although that had decreased alot recently but these are all the things i really enjoyed in my diet. I never considered a cheat could have this effect.

I’ll explain how i made the mistake and i’m really kicking myself. I really like eating kefir grains and after they grew so much i stored a load in my fridge in a pot with cows milk. And after two days or so i got the pot out and had this *great* idea that i could eat the grains straight out of the pot, a bit like rice pudding. I sat down and did just that and quickly remembered that after two days of being sat in the fridge, the milk would still be milk and not kefir. Yes i’m an idiot.

The cheating at Christmas never had this effect but i hadnt gotten over the effects of it before i made the mistake with the milk. All i had was some bacon, cheap turkey and some millet which i think i might react to anyway.

Shayfo and Len, thanks for your comments. I have increased the probiotics, at first to 4 per day and as of yesterday, to 5. I do take more than one at a time. In the morning I take 2 and evening before bed its 3. Sometimes in the evening its not completely on an empty stomach but it still seems to be ok. I have also started taking biotin again and am having swede and sprouts every day. I think my morale is ok although i’m feeling pretty frustrated to be honest and am desperate to move on and have some more variety. I was aiming to have moved onto stage 2 before April as we have a wedding to go to and I dont know if it will be a sit down meal or a buffet. If its a sit down meal I’m gonna feel very awkward with having a load of food in front of me and you can bet i wont be able to eat 99% of it. Obviously i still wouldnt be able to on stage 2 but i’d be feeling more positive. Socially its very awkward and i’ve avoided gatherings at certain restaurants. My auntie thinks i have an eating disorder! I’m tired of explaining the diet so i just dont anymore.

Anyway thanks again Able. I will post back soon regarding my progress with kefir etc

Jo*Jo

Its been 4 weeks since I cut out goats milk kefir and I’m still reacting to it. I’ve not tried the yoghurt or the coconut cream but I’m assuming i’ll react to those too.

I think I’m reacting to shredded coconut too now and I don’t think I used to. Its not sweetened.

I am still testing coconut water kefir but I think I may be ok with it

My regimen is the same as before although I ran out of SF722 last week so I’m trying to increase the coconut oil. Plus I’ve eaten 600g swede, some sprouts and sauerkraut every day since it was suggested 4 weeks ago.

Any advice?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider either healing leaky gut further and focusing on reducing the inflammation of the gut or try reducing histamine levels if they are high. Vitamin C can be used to reduce histamine levels.

It sounds like you are becoming more allergic or sensitive to the foods you eat and at this point you should be improving not getting worse.

-raster

Jo*Jo

That’s fast becoming my concern too. I’d got lazy with cod liver oil, EPO and vitamin C so I’ll get right back on with them then.

Should I continue with the HCL and bitters?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hi Jo Jo,
    Sorry to highjack your thread. I’m wondering if you know of a website to order from in the UK? Vitamins and probiotics, but I’m especially looking for Apo Lactoferrin. Any suggestions?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jo*Jo;39324 wrote: That’s fast becoming my concern too. I’d got lazy with cod liver oil, EPO and vitamin C so I’ll get right back on with them then.

I would continue to take both the bitters and the HCl, Jo.

How many billions of the probiotic are you taking now?
    Candida is caused by the lack of flora in the intestines, therefore, replenishing the flora and ridding the intestines of the Candida will lead to a cure of the leaky gut as well. But we not only need to add the beneficial bacteria with probiotics, we also need to supply a good fiber to feed the flora, otherwise it’ll take much longer to replenish the supply since they won’t be multiplying as fast. Bob’s Red Mill Rice Bran and Bob’s Oat Bran Cereal are two very good prebiotics. I especially like the rice bran because it is a “soft” fiber and doesn’t cause more irritation or damage like some of the coarse fibers would. The oat bran cereal is also softer than some other fiber sources, and even though this is called a “cereal” it can be used in the coconut flour bread recipe.

Chinese licorice root and yucca root both help if the leaky gut has caused inflammation – which is usually the case with LG. I’ve mentioned the correct way to take licorice root together with yucca root, but this is a good chance to do that again for those who didn’t see it before.
    You should combine the licorice root with yucca root with a 2:1 ratio. Ingest a half teaspoon 3-4 times daily at least 20 minutes before meals. These two herbs will also help with building up the flora.

The irritants that make the inflammation worse are mostly things you wouldn’t be using any way, but others that can cause more inflammation are animal protein (but animal by-products such as eggs are not nearly as bad for most people). Caffeine can also cause the inflammation to grow worse, but I doubt you’re doing any caffeine at all right now.

Able

Jo*Jo

mrs.candida;39326 wrote: Hi Jo Jo,
    Sorry to highjack your thread. I’m wondering if you know of a website to order from in the UK? Vitamins and probiotics, but I’m especially looking for Apo Lactoferrin. Any suggestions?

I dont know about apo lactoferrin but I buy from Amazon UK, Vitamin UK and Luxe BC.

Jo*Jo

Able900;39335 wrote:

That’s fast becoming my concern too. I’d got lazy with cod liver oil, EPO and vitamin C so I’ll get right back on with them then.

I would continue to take both the bitters and the HCl, Jo.

How many billions of the probiotic are you taking now?
    Candida is caused by the lack of flora in the intestines, therefore, replenishing the flora and ridding the intestines of the Candida will lead to a cure of the leaky gut as well. But we not only need to add the beneficial bacteria with probiotics, we also need to supply a good fiber to feed the flora, otherwise it’ll take much longer to replenish the supply since they won’t be multiplying as fast. Bob’s Red Mill Rice Bran and Bob’s Oat Bran Cereal are two very good prebiotics. I especially like the rice bran because it is a “soft” fiber and doesn’t cause more irritation or damage like some of the coarse fibers would. The oat bran cereal is also softer than some other fiber sources, and even though this is called a “cereal” it can be used in the coconut flour bread recipe.

Chinese licorice root and yucca root both help if the leaky gut has caused inflammation – which is usually the case with LG. I’ve mentioned the correct way to take licorice root together with yucca root, but this is a good chance to do that again for those who didn’t see it before.
    You should combine the licorice root with yucca root with a 2:1 ratio. Ingest a half teaspoon 3-4 times daily at least 20 minutes before meals. These two herbs will also help with building up the flora.

The irritants that make the inflammation worse are mostly things you wouldn’t be using any way, but others that can cause more inflammation are animal protein (but animal by-products such as eggs are not nearly as bad for most people). Caffeine can also cause the inflammation to grow worse, but I doubt you’re doing any caffeine at all right now.

Able

Hi Able,
    A week after your last post I raised the probiotics up to five per day and kept it at that for 2 weeks but now i’m back at 4.
    I’ve eaten oatbran all the way through, in porridge mixed with buckwheat flakes, and buckwheat bread. With the rice bran flour, I remember i had some early on in the diet and havent had any for months. I’m not sure if I could tolerate rice bran flour because of how intollerant i’ve been lately. I did have it early on in the diet but havent had it in over 6 months. I guess i’ll just have to test it?

Chinese licorice root and yucca root – When I buy these should the names be exactly that or can i buy something thats called Licorice Root and a seperate item called Yucca Extract?

Irritants. You’re right, I dont have caffeine. I have never drunk coffee and i havent had cola in about 2 years. Chicken.. i have about 100g every other day. Eggs.. 4 per day. I’ve quit all kefir for now. I thought i wasnt reacting to coconut water kefir but if I am its a few hours later so to be sure i’ll just leave it for now. I wouldnt want to become intolerant to eggs and chicken so its just not worth the risk.

I’ve looked into leaky gut a bit more and it seems that this last year has been one vicious circle for me. I definitely had candida before starting the diet, but two months later I developed fibromyalgia and had massive symptoms which caused me to be off work for 4 weeks. For the rest of 2012 i was on a lot of NSAIDS, particularly diclofenac which gave me stomach pains and I guess that may have been when I developed the leaky gut and all progress stopped. Perhaps over doing it with all the antifungals didnt help either. I’ve not had any pain meds for 4 weeks now partly because my symptoms have improved but mainly because i realise now how harmful they are.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

I was reading your report and realize you have a severe leaky gut case. You must stop the NSAIDS since they are a top cause of Leaky Gut.
    All the reactions you feel are due to the leaky gut.
    This appears to be your main problem.

You need to think that if after 11 months following a treatment, you have no improved what you were expecting is because there is something else going on.

No all that happens is caused by candida, neither a teaspoon of food cause candida go out of control.

Use your common sense.

Jorge.

Jo*Jo

dvjorge;39408 wrote:
    Use your common sense.

Was there actually any need for that comment? I dont see why you felt the need to patronise me when i’ve not moaned or complained about the situation I’m in. I said I was stupid for the cows milk mistake. I said I’ve stopped the NSAIDs. I wasnt taking them for some little headache. They were to enable me to function at work. Plus, I was in a car accident in November and suffered whiplash and damage to my pelvis. These pain meds were necessary.

I didnt deserve that comment. If you had just posted saying you believed, as well as Able and Raster, that I have severe leaky gut, that would have been a help. But not the rest.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Jo*Jo;39411 wrote:

Use your common sense.

Was there actually any need for that comment? I dont see why you felt the need to patronise me when i’ve not moaned or complained about the situation I’m in. I said I was stupid for the cows milk mistake. I said I’ve stopped the NSAIDs. I wasnt taking them for some little headache. They were to enable me to function at work.

I didnt deserve that comment. If you had just posted saying you believed, as well as Able and Raster, that I have severe leaky gut, that would have been a help. But not the rest.

To use common sense is an offense for you ??
    For me, isn’t.

No, I didn’t imply you have a severe Leaky Gut. I told you the NSAIDS are a a top cause of it.

You have to leave your susceptibility aside and realize I posted it for you with the idea you get better. It looks like you did not know the pain killers where damaging your gut to a point where you are developing more and more reactions.

Are you happy with comments that point to your diet and candida ?? If you continue taking pain killers, there will be a moment when you will be able to eat a very restrict hypo-allergenic diet that may not help with a fungal overgrowth if that is your case.

Some of you are so complicated that deserve no help at all.

It could be better to ask if there is a way you can get the pain killers by shots, IV or anything that doesn’t affect your intestinal lining.

Anyway, I told you what I wanted to say.

Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator

A week after your last post I raised the probiotics up to five per day and kept it at that for 2 weeks but now i’m back at 4. I’ve eaten oatbran all the way through, in porridge mixed with buckwheat flakes, and buckwheat bread.

You know, Jo, I must really be just a typical all-American guy who has no sense of some of the cultural foods that are used so commonly in other countries. For example, when I’m reading a post, and I see the word “porridge”… I totally ‘trip’ over the word like you would a big bump in the road that you know from past experience is there but keep hitting it and being surprised by it all the same. I always get this picture in my mind a huge, gigantic pot boiling on the stove; it’s bubbling over and it looks like it’s filled with stuff that only God …. or maybe the devil would be familiar with. By the way, it’s ok to laugh at this typical American dude.

With the rice bran flour, I remember i had some early on in the diet and havent had any for months. I’m not sure if I could tolerate rice bran flour because of how intollerant i’ve been lately. I did have it early on in the diet but havent had it in over 6 months. I guess i’ll just have to test it?

If you’re eating a good portion of Bob’s Oat Bran Cereal every day and taking yucca root which is also a prebiotic, you could skip the rice bran flour for now, especially since it caused problems for you in the past. Maybe you can add it sometime later in your treatment. Some beneficial prebiotic vegetable sources are broccoli, asparagus, fresh garlic, greens, onions, avocados, artichokes, and cabbage.

Chinese licorice root and yucca root – When I buy these should the names be exactly that or can i buy something thats called Licorice Root and a seperate item called Yucca Extract?

These will be two separate forms of herbs; two separate purchases in other words.

I’ve looked into leaky gut a bit more and it seems that this last year has been one vicious circle for me. I definitely had candida before starting the diet, but two months later I developed fibromyalgia and had massive symptoms which caused me to be off work for 4 weeks. For the rest of 2012 i was on a lot of NSAIDS, particularly diclofenac which gave me stomach pains and I guess that may have been when I developed the leaky gut and all progress stopped. Perhaps over doing it with all the antifungals didnt help either. I’ve not had any pain meds for 4 weeks now partly because my symptoms have improved but mainly because i realise now how harmful they are.

Glad to see that you’ve stopping the pain meds, Jo. All in all, I think you’re doing as well as can be expected considering your problems other than the overgrowth.

I appreciate you keeping us posted on your progress.
    Able

Able900
    Spectator

dvjorge;39416 wrote: It could be better to ask if there is a way you can get the pain killers by shots, IV or anything that doesn’t affect your intestinal lining.

She stopped using the pain killers 4 weeks ago, Jorge.

Quote: I’ve not had any pain meds for 4 weeks now partly because my symptoms have improved but mainly because i realise
    now how harmful they are.

Jo*Jo

Able900;39417 wrote:
    You know, Jo, I must really be just a typical all-American guy who has no sense of some of the cultural foods that are used so commonly in other countries. For example, when I’m reading a post, and I see the word “porridge”… I totally ‘trip’ over the word like you would a big bump in the road that you know from past experience is there but keep hitting it and being surprised by it all the same. I always get this picture in my mind a huge, gigantic pot boiling on the stove; it’s bubbling over and it looks like it’s filled with stuff that only God …. or maybe the devil would be familiar with. By the way, it’s ok to laugh at this typical American dude.

To be honest it probably is food of the devil and could be used to make bumps in the road! Its not all that nice really. I liked it at first but now its worn off. I just add water and put it in the microwave and if you dont add enough water it could be used as wallpaper paste.

Chinese licorice root and yucca root –

Able900;39417 wrote:
    These will be two separate forms of herbs; two separate purchases in other words.

What i meant was that I wanted to check that the licorice root doesnt have to have the word chinese on it to be acceptable. And the Yucca.. no “root”. I guess both are fine..?

Able900;39417 wrote:
    Glad to see that you’ve stopping the pain meds, Jo. All in all, I think you’re doing as well as can be expected considering your problems other than the overgrowth.

I appreciate you keeping us posted on your progress.
    Able

Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)’ is closed to new replies.