12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

(I’m not sure what just happened here. I posted and it told me my post would be invisible til it was moderated so i tried again)

Anyway so i wrote that i received my Garden of Life probiotics yesterday and i took 3 last night with my other probiotics. I’m concerned about some of the ingredients – Bell Pepper, Carrot etc.

I know that these things feed the candida but are they ok in this form? This morning i woke up with a white tongue than before although that could have been because of the lack of SF722 as i ran out and cant get any more at the moment due to the shortage.

Link to ingredients

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I haven’t been able to find the ingredients on their website. However you can make probiotics from veggies, dvjorge shared this fermented cabbage drink a few months ago that sounded gross but effective. I have a feeling they used those foods because they fed the probiotics.

Either way, the amount of those ingredients per capsule should be very small, at the most a few grains of sand. A few grains of sand should not set you back.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jo*Jo;33040 wrote: (I’m not sure what just happened here. I posted and it told me my post would be invisible til it was moderated so i tried again)

This is something new on the forum which is basically a spam checker, Jo. It usually happens when we post a small number of words along with a link. If you just leave it, the post should eventually show up, usually within a few minutes.

Anyway so i wrote that i received my Garden of Life probiotics yesterday and i took 3 last night with my other probiotics. I’m concerned about some of the ingredients – Bell Pepper, Carrot etc.

The vegetables, such as carrots which are full of fiber, are in the probiotic because RAW is a whole food form of probiotics; this means that the ingredients in the probiotics contain prebiotics to feed the bacteria.

Try not taking the new probiotic tomorrow and then take just one on Friday to see if you experience a reaction.

Since you’re out of SF722, you might try adding a few more teaspoons of coconut oil until you have it again.

Able

Jo*Jo

Ok thanks i’ll leave it off for tomorrow. The oral thrush really has increased a lot, worse than my christmas cheating and its making me not want to take it at all really.

Able900
    Spectator

Jo, are you still drinking a pint or more of kefir a day?

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

I wish I would have seen this thread before I bought Garden of Life’s ULTRA PRIMAL DEFENSE probiotics last week. I did see some GOL RAW products but, since I hadn’t heard of the RAW probiotics I didn’t even check. Live and learn…..

Thanks to you all, lots of good information in this thread.

Blessings

Jo*Jo

Able900;33087 wrote:
    Jo, are you still drinking a pint or more of kefir a day?

Yes at least one litre every day now. When was drinking very little of it, it was made with goats milk but I switched to cows and had no issues until yesterday when I tool the new probiotics

Jo*Jo

Having received one bottle of SF722 and taking 6 per day for the past couple of days along with 3 pints of kefir per day, HCL tablets, swedish bitters, milk thistle and MegaFlora and Ultimate Flora probiotics, I took one Garden of Life probiotic last night. After about 15 minutes my white tongue was worse and my mouth was dry enough to make me cough. This morning the white tongue was worse still and throughout today the dermatitis on my face has also gotten worse.

I’m thinking i should not bother with these recommended probiotics again.

Surely this is a bad reaction because of the ingredients, rather than die off?

Able900
    Spectator

Yes, Jo, forget about the RAW probiotics. I tested them back when I was still on high doses and finishing up the treatment and had no problem, but apparently they are somehow irritating or feeding the Candida you have. Just use the others instead.

Able

Jo*Jo

Able900;32190 wrote: It looks like you’re taking a total of 160 billion CFUs of the probiotic most days but sometimes only 80 billion. This is not enough at your point in the treatment. Increase the amount to three capsules a day; you can take two at the same time in order to work in three on an empty stomach. Try not to skip a dose for at least a month or longer. If you purchase the Innate or MegaFlora, I believe they are usually 50 billion CFU’s but you may can find one with 80 billion. At any rate, whichever you find, take three capsules a day and then contact me after about four weeks on that amount.

A month hasnt quite gone yet so i’ll report back soon about where I am but I was just wanted to say that I’ve been taking 2 x Ultimate Flora 80 billion per day and 1 x MegaFlora 50 billion per day so far because when you wrote the above I had 2 new bottles of Ultimate Flora waiting to be opened. I’ve ordered 3 bottles of 50 billion Mega Flora and will start on them (3 per day )in about two weeks when the other two things have run out. Does this sound ok?

Also, at this point in my treatment, how many billions should I be taking per day? And I’m sure this is hard to say but any idea how long that should go on for? I hate to moan about a diet that has improved my life so much but I’m finding this very expensive.

Able900
    Spectator

flailingWcandi;33110 wrote: I wish I would have seen this thread before I bought Garden of Life’s ULTRA PRIMAL DEFENSE probiotics last week. I did see some GOL RAW products but, since I hadn’t heard of the RAW probiotics I didn’t even check. Live and learn…..
    Thanks to you all, lots of good information in this thread.

Flailing, I took the RAW probiotics during the treatment and they didn’t bother me, but mine didn’t contain rice like Jo’s did, instead it contained fructose from fruit.

Everyone is different and we all react differently to different products. Unless you receive reactions from something, if you think about it, not taking a probiotic because they contain rice is like not drinking kefir because it contains sugar. These substances are placed in probiotics in order to feed the beneficial bacteria; if this wasn’t done, the bacteria would die long before it reached our intestines.
    It may be that the probiotic also causes you to have reactions, if so, simply stop taking it.

Able

Jo*Jo

Jo*Jo;34487 wrote:

It looks like you’re taking a total of 160 billion CFUs of the probiotic most days but sometimes only 80 billion. This is not enough at your point in the treatment. Increase the amount to three capsules a day; you can take two at the same time in order to work in three on an empty stomach. Try not to skip a dose for at least a month or longer. If you purchase the Innate or MegaFlora, I believe they are usually 50 billion CFU’s but you may can find one with 80 billion. At any rate, whichever you find, take three capsules a day and then contact me after about four weeks on that amount.

A month hasnt quite gone yet so i’ll report back soon about where I am but I was just wanted to say that I’ve been taking 2 x Ultimate Flora 80 billion per day and 1 x MegaFlora 50 billion per day so far because when you wrote the above I had 2 new bottles of Ultimate Flora waiting to be opened. I’ve ordered 3 bottles of 50 billion Mega Flora and will start on them (3 per day )in about two weeks when the other two things have run out. Does this sound ok?

Also, at this point in my treatment, how many billions should I be taking per day? And I’m sure this is hard to say but any idea how long that should go on for? I hate to moan about a diet that has improved my life so much but I’m finding this very expensive.

Able..?

Jo*Jo

Able, a month has passed so i’m giving you the update you requested.

Things were going well until last week where i think i was close to moving onto the next stage. My white tongue was very nearly gone, to the point of looking better than my other halfs tongue.. nails were good, no itchy nipples, the dermatitis on my face was still disappearing and no discharge down below. I was taking everything as previously posted including around 3 pints of cows milk kefir per day.

About 10 days ago i mistakenly had about a teaspoon of cows milk and i noticed a reaction on my tongue almost immediately. Then a week ago i had some swede and onion rings (made with buckwheat flour) both of which i know give die off and this time i felt particularly ill with a tummy ache and feeling sick. I dont know if those two incidences are connected but after that i slowly started to react to kefir and fage yoghurt with my white tongue getting worse, brain fog / headache, nails peeling again and the itchy nipple. I stopped them 4 days ago and all symptoms have gone apart from the white tongue which is not yet back to what it was prior to the reaction. So basically I’m back to where i was at christmas which is really frustrating.

I’m still on this (per day):

6 x SF722
    3 x HCL
    3 x 50 billion MegaFlora (occasionally 4)
    15 tsp coconut oil
    Milk thistle
    Swedish bitters

Any tips at this point?

Able900
    Spectator

Jo*Jo;36207 wrote: About 10 days ago i mistakenly had about a teaspoon of cows milk and i noticed a reaction on my tongue almost immediately …
    So basically I’m back to where i was at christmas which is really frustrating.

Jo, I know that you didn’t intentionally cheat with the small amount of milk and that it was strictly an accident, but I’m going to use this as an example of what can happen when someone on the protocol makes this mistake or intentionally cheats.

To the Members who are reading this thread:

First, I have to say that this is exactly why I wish some of the experts and members would stop telling the new members that a ‘little’ cheat now and then isn’t going to make that much difference. As you can see from Jo’s post, telling someone that cheating occasionally is actually good for your morale is very bad advice. Jo mistakenly had one teaspoon of milk and now her treatment has been set back approximately six weeks, and it could take her another six weeks to get back to where she was at Christmas. Meanwhile, what’s happening? Well if you ask Jo, she’ll probably tell you that her morale isn’t so great right now and that she’s suffering physically. The point is; we do not know how badly a cheat or a mistake, no matter how small it is, is going to affect a member because it’s simply impossible to predict such a thing.

I’m still on this (per day):

6 x SF722
    3 x HCL
    3 x 50 billion MegaFlora (occasionally 4)
    15 tsp coconut oil
    Milk thistle
    Swedish bitters

Jo, believe me when I say that I’m really sorry this has happened to you; I know how hard you’ve worked and how determined you were not to cheat. I can say that, in your shoes, I would raise the MegaFlora to 4 capsules every day. In one week raise the amount to 5 capsules a day.

I would eat swede (rutabaga) or Brussels sprouts every single day. Alternating the two every day is a good idea.

Stop eating the Fage yogurt altogether.

I know you’ve taken biotin in the past; are you taking it at this time? If not, I would add it back into the regimen for several weeks at least.

After several days, I would definitely try to work the homemade kefir back into the diet .

Please keep us posted.
    Thanks, Able

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Jo, I don’t think I’ve commented on this before, but I always read your updates. I’m very sorry to hear about your setback, but it’s helpful that you’re telling us. Hearing that such a small thing affected you so much gives me more resolve to remain strict. I have eaten five or six pea pods from my backyard over the course of our growing season, but that’s the only “cheat” I’ve had…and reading this makes me want to keep it that way!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘12 months in – please check my regimen.. reporting back :)’ is closed to new replies.