Reply To: Vegetarian candida diet??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Vegetarian candida diet?? Reply To: Vegetarian candida diet??

#74090

Able900
Spectator
Topics: 92
Replies: 4811

Javizy wrote: I’ve also wondered if amino acid supplements like glutamine and carnitine (which help heal the gut) count towards protein intake. Anyone know how these add up?

Good question, Javizy. Biologically speaking, amino acid supplements can work as a protein substitute, but of course common sense tells us that there would be no gratification as far as the specific type of energy production is concerned. One of the amino acid supplement brands that’s specifically geared towards this purpose is called MAP/SON Formula.

Actually a healthy liver can produce up to 60% of the amino acids we need, and this only leaves 40% that has to be supplied by the diet, so it would seem that a daily supplement could certainly help us reach that amount.

Able