Thomas wrote: Whats oil pulling?
Oil pulling therapy has an excellent chance of curing or at least greatly eliminating most of the yeast of oral thrush and other problems with the mouth area. If you do your own research, you may also see it referred to as “oil swishing” or just “swishing.”
What oil pulling amounts to is putting a good mouthful or a tablespoon full of oil in a clean mouth and then swishing it around just like you’d do if you were using a mouth wash. You need to do this for 10 to 15 minutes at least, and you won’t swallow it any more than you’d swallow your mouth wash.
‘Swishing’ means to push the oil back and forth between your teeth as well as all around your mouth, back and front. The oil will grow thicker as you swish it around, but after a while it should start to feel thin or watery. Spit it out at the end of the time, rinse with salt water and brush your teeth very well. The oil pulling gets rid of the toxins and bacteria in your mouth without disturbing the healthy flora.
A few things to remember:
1. Perform oil-pulling on an empty stomach with a clean mouth – up to three times a day, first thing in the morning and before each meal.
2. Wash, clean and blow your nose before the therapy.
3. While the oil is in your mouth, you can slowly blow your nose if you need to clear it while holding the oil inside your mouth.
4. Sensations or even irritation may possibly cause you to sneeze or cough while doing the oil pulling. Just try to go slowly and remain as relaxed as possible. If you do sneeze or cough, losing the oil, just start over with new oil.
5. If phlegm gathers in your mouth or throat, you can spit and start over with fresh oil.
6. Try to use coconut oil or sesame seed oil for the oil-pulling therapy as it works best.
Whether or not you try this is up to you, but do some researching before you decide and see what others who have used the method have to say about it.
Oil pulling is native to India, and the practice has been going on for over 2000 years, all the way back to the Ayurvedic medicine period, with both Hinduism and Buddhism having a great influence. One of the main goals of Ayurvedic medicine was to eliminate toxic elements from the body, which the oil pulling therapy addresses.