dvjorge;41301 wrote: Mercury is one of the most toxic substances on the earth, surpassed only by plutonium, according to Dr. Paul Gilbert of the Academy of General Dentistry. Mercury amalgam dental fillings have been used in the United States since 1833 and 50 percent of their composition is toxic liquid mercury.
A fact (yes, a fact!) that is often ignored, is that the properties of any substance greatly depend on the chemical form of that substance.
I already gave the well-known example of sodium: a highly corrosive, even explosive material. 50 percent of the composition of table salt (and sea salt) is toxic sodium! The other 50 percent of the composition of table salt (and sea salt) is the equally toxic chlorine!
So, please make your choice:
- Either you stick with your finding that 50 percent of amalgam is mercury, mercury is toxic, thus amalgams are toxic.
If you stick with this finding, please note the very same thing about salt.
- Or you admit that salt is not as toxic because both the sodium (50% of its composition) and the chlorine (also 50% of its composition) have a chemical form that is different from the chemical form of free sodium and chlorine, and thus table salt is not that toxic after all.
If you acknowledge this fact, please note the very same thing about amalgams.
Would you be so kind to inform you which choice you made?