Reply To: MMS (chlorine dioxide); Supposedly THE most powerful anti fungal/anti pathogen out there

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice MMS (chlorine dioxide); Supposedly THE most powerful anti fungal/anti pathogen out there Reply To: MMS (chlorine dioxide); Supposedly THE most powerful anti fungal/anti pathogen out there

#74044

Chris24
Member
Topics: 12
Replies: 329

Able900 wrote: MMS destroys beneficial bacteria in the intestines.

Sources and explanations please?

“Chlorine dioxide disinfects through oxidation. It is the only biocide that is a molecular free radical. It has 19 electrons and has a preference for substances that give off or take up an electron. Chlorine dioxide only reacts with substances that give off an electron. Chlorine, oppositely, adds a chlorine atom to or substitutes a chlorine atom from the substance it reacts with.”

From what I’ve read elektrons are pulled from only pathogens, destroying them and leaving the good bacteria untouched.

Is chlorine dioxide safe?
The Niagara Falls New York water treatment plant first used chlorine dioxide for drinking water disinfection in 1944. Currently, there are approximately 400 – 500 water treatment plants in the United States and over 1000 in Europe utilizing ClO2 to purify municipal drinking water systems. Numerous studies have shown chlorine dioxide, when used at the appropriate concentrations, has no adverse health effects, either by skin contact or ingestion.

Able900 wrote:
The chlorine component of MMS is another potential problem. The chlorine compounds react with certain organic matter in the body which forms carcinogens. It also reacts with ammonia (Candida produce ammonia) which then can form a highly toxic form of chloramine.

It is NOT chlorine, its chlorine dioxide. Difference.
“Contrary to chlorine, chlorine dioxide does not react with ammonia nitrogen (NH3) and hardly reacts with elementary amines. It does oxidize nitrite (N02) to nitrate (NO3). It does not react by breaking carbon connections. No mineralization of organic substances takes place. At neutral pH or at high pH values, sulphuric acid (H2SO3) reduces chlorine dioxide to chlorite ions (ClO2-). Under alkalic circumstances chlorine dioxide is broken down to chlorite and chlorate”

“What’s the difference between chlorine and chlorine dioxide?
While chlorine dioxide (ClO2) has chlorine in its name, chlorine dioxide’s chemistry is different from that of chlorine. Unlike the more common chlorine, chlorine dioxide, at appropriate concentrations, is non-mutagenic, non-carcinogenic, and relatively non-irritating. When ClO2 is added to water, it dissolves without ionizing. Or more specifically, when exposed to water, ClO2 does not release a chlorine atom to form hydrochloric acid as does chlorine, nor does it combine with organics to form chlorinated hydrocarbons, which are carcinogenic.
One atom can make all the difference — just as hydrogen is an explosive gas, but when combined with oxygen becomes dihydrogen oxide – commonly known as water (H2O).”

Able900 wrote:
MMS = Miracle Mineral Supplement
I’ve always been at least a little apprehensive about a supplement claiming to be a ‘cure’ and has the word ‘miracle’ tacked onto its name, and especially if it isn’t natural to the human body and contains a known problematic component.

Chlorine dioxide has been used for many years to purify water and as a disinfectant for wounds. No bad side effects have been rapported to my knowledge, other than the minor ones mentioned earlier. I don’t think there is a problematic component?

The oxidizing part i’m not worried about.

Thanks for your contribution.

http://www.frontierpharm.com/faqs.php
http://www.lenntech.com/processes/disinfection/chemical/disinfectants-chlorine-dioxide.htm