I have some basic tips to help you with your stress woes.
1) Consider trying out acupuncture; it has a variety of health benefits (such as healing specific organs and rebalancing the body) but it is also great for reducing stress and anxiety. You could go to a session very stressed and amped up and come out feeling as calm as a sleeping puppy. Its amazing what it can do for the body and its a cornerstone of my treatment.
2) Know that its going to take a long time to get better and that eventually everything will fall into place. It takes a long time to heal the body, the gut, and to adjust to a different lifestyle, diet, etc. Just have faith in the future and the ability in your body to heal itself.
3) Educate yourself more on candida and some of the foundations of the protocol. Educating yourself can help put your mind at ease and will help with sorting out the logic of diet plans, the protocol, how the body heals, etc. A great resource for candida related material is dr. mcoombs:
Don’t buy into his plan completely because its based on many of the same principles the protocol is built upon, such as probiotics, antifungals, detoxing the body, foods in the diet, etc. He has great information about what candida is and how to treat it and is a good starting spot for learning.
4) Sweat out the toxins via steam room, sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, or even hot bath. This can reduce stress, helps you relax, and has a variety of other health benefits that I will mention in another post I create tonight. It helps heal the liver and aids digestion. Its the oldest health related therapy in human history.
5) Consider going to a naturopathic doctor if you can afford it. They potentially can help you with each and every one of your symptoms (if they are a good one) and will put you on treatments that we don’t know about on the internet. From my experience, finding a good one can really speed up your recovery time and its great having someone to talk to about your progress and discuss information. The only drawback is cost and time…and the effectiveness of their treatment. Some are really out of touch with modern ways to get better and how to heal you as a person. Putting your treatment in someone elses hands can reduce your stress if you believe in what they are doing.
6) Light exercise can reduce stress/anxiety and has health benefits. Exercising too much while on the diet can be really taxing.
Hope this helps!