Here’s a tasty, filling dessert recipe that combines two of my favorite flavors – cinnamon and pecan. You can adjust this recipe in so many ways. Add in some extra almonds or pumpkin seeds, mix in some shredded, unsweetened coconut, or even add a little vanilla extract. Don’t be afraid to make your own version!
Almond flour is a gluten-free low-carbohydrate alternative to your regular flour. And antifungal ingredients like coconut oil and cinnamon give it an antifungal kick to help maintain a healthy balance of microorganisms in your gut.
These little cakes are the perfect snack for friends and family. You can make a large batch and freeze them too. Take them on a picnic, or just keep them in the house for those between-meal hunger pangs. Just remember to make enough!
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. powdered stevia
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Brush an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with oil. Cut a piece of parchment paper the width of the bottom of the pan and long enough to overlap the two sides of the pan. Brush parchment paper with oil, set aside.
- To make crumb topping, add chopped pecans, almond flour, powdered stevia, salt, cinnamon, and melted coconut oil in a medium bowl. Stir to combine, chill.
- For the cake, add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and ½ Tbsp cinnamon in a large bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, powdered stevia, 1 Tbsp cinnamon, and whisk until frothy. Add yogurt, stir to combine.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stir to thoroughly combine. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan, then evenly sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake crumb cake for 20 minutes or until center is firm to the touch. Cool, and serve!
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.