Here’s a tasty, filling dessert recipe that combines two of my favorite flavors – cinnamon and pecan. You can adjust this recipe in so many ways. Add in some extra almonds or pumpkin seeds, mix in some shredded, unsweetened coconut, or even add a little vanilla extract. Don’t be afraid to make your own version!
Almond flour is a gluten-free low-carbohydrate alternative to your regular flour. And antifungal ingredients like coconut oil and cinnamon give it an antifungal kick to help maintain a healthy balance of microorganisms in your gut.
These little cakes are the perfect snack for friends and family. You can make a large batch and freeze them too. Take them on a picnic, or just keep them in the house for those between-meal hunger pangs. Just remember to make enough!
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp. coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. powdered stevia
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Brush an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with oil. Cut a piece of parchment paper the width of the bottom of the pan and long enough to overlap the two sides of the pan. Brush parchment paper with oil, set aside.
- To make crumb topping, add chopped pecans, almond flour, powdered stevia, salt, cinnamon, and melted coconut oil in a medium bowl. Stir to combine, chill.
- For the cake, add almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and ½ Tbsp cinnamon in a large bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, powdered stevia, 1 Tbsp cinnamon, and whisk until frothy. Add yogurt, stir to combine.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, stir to thoroughly combine. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan, then evenly sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake crumb cake for 20 minutes or until center is firm to the touch. Cool, and serve!
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.