Soufflé is a versatile dish that you can eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and its also incredibly easy to make! This Southwestern soufflé has a little bit of spice in it, so might want to cook it down by pairing it with some plain Greek yogurt.
Feel free to change the ingredients however you like, you really can’t go wrong! Soufflés are a wonderful ways to use up leftovers or surplus ingredients from other meals. You could very easily adapt this to add some flavors of Mexico, the Caribbean, or any other cuisine of your choosing.
- ¼ cup green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado, cubed
- 1 cup chicken, grilled or roasted, cubed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk, almond or coconut
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- Yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C). Brush an 8 inch baking dish with oil, such as coconut or olive.
- Scatter diced green chilies evenly in the bottom of the baking dish, then add in layers cubed avocado, cubed chicken and thinly sliced green onions, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, coconut flour, salt and pepper, whisk until frothy.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into baking dish over green chilies, avocado, chicken and green onions.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the edges are set but the soufflé still jiggles a little in the center.
- Cool for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro, yogurt optional.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.