Steak With Ginger Sauce & Quinoa Tabbouleh
This is a really simple recipe that you can use on your Candida diet. It contains some good, lean protein and a few complex carbs from the quinoa (which is technically a seed, not a grain).
It also uses various herbs and oils which give it lots of flavor, as well as being great for your gut health. This is a fantastic dish for a quick evening meal!
I especially love the ginger sauce in this this dish. The combination of ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, chili, and lemon juice makes for a really strong, rounded flavor. It works great with steak, but it would be amazing with any kind of red meat.
Note that most red meat is on the ‘maybe’ list of foods to eat on the Candida diet. Red meats like beef and lamb tend to be harder to digest, and produce ammonia during digestion that can raise the pH of your intestines. Try to minimize your consumption of red meat until you have recovered from Candida.
- Coconut aminos (as a substitute for soy sauce)
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start with the quinoa as this will take the longest. Just cook it as directed on the packet.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumber, then finely chop the parsley, mint, and onions. Add all these ingredients to a mixing bowl and leave them there until the quinoa is ready.
- While the quinoa is cooking, you can also make the sauce for the steak. Take the grated ginger and chili, coconut aminos, olive oil and lemon juice, and just mix it all together. This is a really simple sauce/dressing but its got a whole lot of flavor.
- Now season and cook the steak to your liking.
- Once the quinoa is ready, rinse it thoroughly. Add it to a mixing bowl with the chopped vegetables, herbs and olive oil. Mix well to make your tabbouleh.
- Serve the steak sliced, drizzled with the sauce. You can either have the quinoa tabbouleh on the side or place it underneath the steak. Enjoy!
My Ultimate Candida Diet program includes more than 100 tasty recipes for every meal and every stage of the Candida diet. They are gluten-free, sugar-free, and absolutely delicious! Dr Wood and I have also included lots of valuable advice on how to beat Candida, and which foods to eat and avoid.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes
When combining the ingredients for the steak sauce, it lists the ingredients, but not the amount of each. Would you please tell me what they are? Thank you and God bless,
I normally just eyeball it! You really can’t go wrong – just make it and taste it as you go 🙂
used 1/2 cup cocomunt aminos, 1 teaspoon ginger, 2 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoon lemon juice for the sauce convection roasted at 400 for about 10 minutes IT WAS GREAT! these recipes are great my son loves them finally hes eating and eating great
Also was not sure if there was olive oil in the sauce, saw it when i was reading the instructions but its not listed in the ingredients. i put it in the bottom of the baking pan
Your recipes are amazing!
Once I started the diet, not only I lost a lot of weight, I stopped being swollen and my energy came back. I’m elated!
I served this at a dinner party and it was a hit! Thanks!