These simple no-bake bars are gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, and contain no added sugar. They are made with protein-rich pumpkin seed butter and quinoa to provide a healthy, sustained energy boost. These bars are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or just as a lightly sweet snack to get you through the afternoon.
Pumpkin Seeds are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, an important healthy fat. Pumpkin seeds are also known to have anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-parasitic properties. Omega-3s are a vital component of healthy brain and thyroid function. They also help to combat depression and other symptoms of Candida-related inflammation, such as skin conditions.
This recipe has a long list of healthy ingredients. The coconut milk, ginger, coconut oil, and cinnamon all have antifungal properties. There is lots of fiber and flavor from the coconut and chia seeds, plus a hint of sweetness from stevia.
These Pumpkin Seed Butter Energy Bars are a really filling, satisfying snack. You can make them in bulk and keep a batch in the fridge or freezer for when you get hungry in between meals!
- ½ cup pumpkin seed butter
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (recipe below)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- ½ tsp. powdered stevia
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- Brush the sides and bottom of a loaf pan with a bit of melted coconut oil, then line pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add coconut milk, alcohol free vanilla and powdered stevia, whisk to combine, set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add cooked quinoa, pumpkin seed butter, pumpkin pie spice, unsweetened shredded coconut and chia seeds, process until combined. Add coconut milk mixture, again process until combined. Lastly, add coconut oil and process until just combined.
- Press bar dough into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes, pressing flakes gently into dough.Place bar dough in freezer until set, about hour. Lift dough out of loaf pan with parchment paper, slice into bars. Store bars in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator or freezer.
- To make your own pumpkin pie spice, put one tablespoon ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger and a half teaspoon ground nutmeg into a small jar with a tight fitting lid, shake well. Save unused portion.
- To toast coconut flakes, place them on a baking sheet at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C), for about 5 to 6 minutes or just until flakes begin to color.
Nutritious, tasty snacks like this are what the Candida diet is all about. If you’re looking for more ideas, check out our Ultimate Candida Diet program. It includes more than 100 tasty recipes for every meal and every stage of the Candida diet.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.