These coconut ginger cookies contain two different types of coconut – coconut milk and coconut flour. Both are low in sugars and have antifungal properties. I also like to add some grated ginger to these cookies, just to give the flavor a little boost.
These cookies are a great snack to put in your bag and take out with you when you leave the house, or on a hike or picnic. If you’re preparing a plate of healthy snacks, considering pairing them with some coconut clouds and coconut-almond no-bake balls.
Note that these cookies are a little different from the regular, store-bought cookies that you might be used to. Gluten-free flours, and especially coconut flours, tend to be denser and drier than regular flours. When you make this recipe, add the coconut milk a little at a time until you get the right texture. Enjoy!
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- A good pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp. or 2 packets powdered Stevia
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Hulled hemp seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, hulled hemp seeds and salt. Mix well and set aside. In another medium bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add coconut milk, stevia and grated ginger. Fold until combined. Add dry ingredients and stir for 1 minute, as coconut flour absorbs liquids. If the dough is too dry, add more coconut milk, a tablespoon at a time, until dough begins to come together.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of cookie dough on prepared baking sheet, sprinkle cookies with a few hulled hemp seeds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until edges are brown. Cool, and serve!
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 100 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.