This Mediterranean dip is perfect for snacking between meals. Macadamia nuts are low in carbohydrates so they are one of the best nuts to eat on your Candida diet. Be sure to soak them before preparing this dish to remove any mold or pesticides that may be on the surface of the nuts.
You could try eating this dip with some of my sesame cauliflower rounds, another gluten-free, sugar-free cracker, or some chopped up vegetables. Bring a taste of the Mediterranean into your house, no matter what season it is. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts (soaked for around 2 hours)
- 1 large tomato, either quickly steamed or roasted until a little soft
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon squeeze
- Salt to taste
- Soak the Macadamia nuts in water for around 2 hours.
- Steam or roast the tomato until slightly soft.
- Add the tomato, nuts and all other ingredients to the food processor and blend.
- Serve with quinoa crackers or some sliced peppers.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.