Today I’m actually going to share two different ice cream recipes – Coconut and Cool Mint. They are both sweetened with stevia, and also include a little vegetable glycerin to make them ‘scoopable’. Note that it’s easiest to make them with an ice cream maker at home.
Switching to a healthier diet is often quite a challenging process, but you can make it easier by creating healthy versions of your favorite foods.
Other examples might be making a zucchini noodle lasagna instead of your regular lasagna, or baking some delicious coconut bread instead of your regular bread. Once you get used to the changes and the new ingredients, you’ll quickly find a routine. And the improvements in your health will be enough motivation to stick with it!
These ice cream recipes are just as good as the real thing. Try them and tell me which one you prefer!
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable glycerin
- 1 tsp alcohol free mint flavoring
- ½ tsp. or 1 packet powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Fresh mint leaves as garnish
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, vegetable glycerin, alcohol free mint flavoring, stevia and salt, whisk to combine.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into an ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Churn until the ice cream is just set, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Nutritious, tasty desserts like this are just perfect for the Candida diet. Looking for more ideas? Take a look at our Candida program. As well as lots of advice on beating Candida, it includes more than 100 tasty recipes for every meal and stage of the Candida diet.