Today I’m actually going to share two different ice cream recipes – Coconut and Cool Mint. They are both sweetened with stevia, and also include a little vegetable glycerin to make them ‘scoopable’. Note that it’s easiest to make them with an ice cream maker at home.
Switching to a healthier diet is often quite a challenging process, but you can make it easier by creating healthy versions of your favorite foods. Other examples might be making a zucchini noodle lasagna instead of your regular lasagna, or baking some delicious coconut bread instead of your regular bread. These ice cream recipes are just as good as the real thing. Try them and tell me which one you prefer!
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable glycerin
- 1 tsp alcohol free mint flavoring
- ½ tsp. or 1 packet powdered stevia
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Fresh mint leaves as garnish
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, vegetable glycerin, alcohol free mint flavoring, stevia and salt, whisk to combine.
- Pour coconut milk mixture into an ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Churn until the ice cream is just set, about 20 to 25 minutes. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.