Nothing smells better on a summer evening than steak on the grill. With only a few ingredients, this marinade adds big flavor to these Asian Steak Kebabs, especially if allowed to marinate overnight. Eat them hot off the grill with crisp romaine lettuce leaves, radicchio and green onions. Gather around the grill and enjoy!
Here are a couple of tips to make this recipe easier and tastier. First, cut the meat into cubes while it’s still partially frozen. It’s much easier to cut evenly, and you’ll end up with similarly sized pieces that will cook evenly. Second, try to marinate the steak cubes for as long as possible, to get all those tasty flavors really deep inside.
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds steak, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 12 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- Romain lettuce leaves
- Radicchio, cut in half, then thinly sliced
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, toasted
Place all ingredients except steak cubes into a small bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
Place steak cubes in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish, then add marinade and toss to coat. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and marinate steak cubes for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
Preheat grill, charcoal or gas, to medium-high heat. Thread steak cubes onto soaked bamboo skewers. Grill steak kebabs on a clean, oiled grate for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Transfer kebabs to a platter. Serve on lettuce leaves with thinly sliced radicchio and green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Coconut aminos with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes can be used as a dipping sauce.
- Meat is best cut into cubes while partially frozen.
- The longer you marinate the meat, the better the flavor.
- Be sure to brush clean grill grate with oil to prevent kebabs from sticking.
- Keep exposed ends of the skewers away from direct heat if possible, as they may burn in spite of soaking.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.