Thai Red Curry Chicken is a colorful dish that combines fresh ingredients and aromatic herbs over a classic mix of spices and mellowed with rich coconut milk. Be sure to serve with the traditional accompaniment, Thai Cucumber Salad, as a refreshing side dish. Made in 30 minutes, Thai Red Curry Chicken is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Note that this recipe includes the use of red curry paste. There are lots of great brands to choose from, but I use Thai Kitchen red curry paste. It’s gluten free, dairy free and vegan, and its ingredients are Candida Diet friendly. Lastly, when you slice the chicken breasts you should do it when they are partially frozen, as this makes it much easier to get really thin slices.
Thai Red Curry Chicken
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 Tbsp.
yellow onion, thinly sliced
red pepper, cut into matchstick strips
yellow pepper, cut into matchstick strips
- 2-3 Tbsp.
red curry paste
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups
- ¼ cup
- Cooked quinoa
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red and yellow peppers and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste to vegetables and cook, stirring to incorporate, for about 1 minute. Add sliced chicken, sauté in mixture for another minute.
- Add coconut milk, bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, reserving a few for a garnish. Serve with cooked quinoa and cucumber salad.
- Thai Kitchen brand red curry paste is gluten free, dairy free, vegan and its ingredients are Candida Diet friendly.
- Slice chicken breasts while partially frozen to get paper thin slices.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 40 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.