This tasty cucumber salad is so simple to put together, but its a wonderful accompaniment to any spicy, Asian dishes that you like to make at home. It works perfectly with my Thai Red Curry Chicken.
The recipe calls for a little vinegar, but we can use Apple Cider Vinegar instead of the regular white vinegar that’s on the foods to avoid list. And the sweetness comes from a small amount of stevia rather than added sugar. You can make and refrigerate this salad a couple of hours before your meal, and it will still taste fresh and delicious.
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced or spiral cut into wide ribbons
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. stevia powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber and red onion, place in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, stevia powder, salt and white pepper, whisk until stevia and salt have dissolved.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumber and red onion slices, stir vegetables to evenly coat. Sprinkle salad with red pepper flakes. Serve at once or refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.