This tasty cucumber salad is so simple to put together, but its a wonderful accompaniment to any spicy, Asian dishes that you like to make at home. It works perfectly with my Thai Red Curry Chicken.
This is a light, nutritious recipe that you could even eat by itself as a lunch time snack. To make it a little more filling you might consider sprinkling some nuts on top.
One of the most appealing things about this dish is that it only takes a few minutes to make. Anything that means less time in the kitchen has to be a welcome bonus!
The recipe calls for a little vinegar, but we can use Apple Cider Vinegar instead of the regular white vinegar that’s on the foods to avoid list. And the sweetness comes from a small amount of stevia rather than added sugar. You can make and refrigerate this salad a couple of hours before your meal, and it will still taste fresh and delicious.
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced or spiral cut into wide ribbons
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. stevia powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber and red onion, place in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, stevia powder, salt and white pepper, whisk until stevia and salt have dissolved.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumber and red onion slices, stir vegetables to evenly coat. Sprinkle salad with red pepper flakes. Serve at once or refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 100 tasty recipes for every meal and every stage of the Candida diet. They are gluten-free, sugar-free, and absolutely delicious! Dr Wood and I have also included lots of valuable advice on how to beat Candida, and which foods to eat and avoid.