Moist and full of fresh strawberry flavor, these muffins make a delightful treat. They’re perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert, and the kids will love them!
Strawberries are on the Maybe list of foods to eat. They are one of the lowest-sugar fruits that you can find and, along with other berries like blueberries, are a good way to introduce some fruit into your diet. Add in the coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut flour, and you have a fiber-rich, low-sugar snack that all the family will love.
You can make a large batch of these strawberry muffins and freeze them for eating later. Take them on a picnic, or just keep them in the house for those between-meal hunger pangs. Just remember to make enough!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 6 fresh strawberry slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 6 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin with paper baking cups or brush generously with oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift coconut flour, baking soda and salt, whisk to combine. In another medium bowl, add unsweetened coconut milk, stevia, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla, whisk thoroughly. Pour liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients, stir to combine for one minute as coconut flour absorbs liquids. Fold diced strawberries into muffin batter.
- Spoon muffin batter into the prepared tin, smoothing tops, then press a strawberry slice on the top of each. Bake muffins until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool, serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.