Moist and full of fresh strawberry flavor, these muffins make a delightful treat. They’re perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack, or dessert, and the kids will love them!
Strawberries are on the Maybe list of foods to eat. They are one of the lowest-sugar fruits that you can find and, along with other berries like blueberries, are a good way to introduce some fruit into your diet.
Add in the coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut flour, and you have a fiber-rich, low-sugar snack that all the family will love.
All the coconut ingredients have another benefit too. They all have antifungal properties, meaning that they can help to slow or prevent a yeast overgrowth in your gut. Ingredients like this can improve your long-term gut health.
You can make a large batch of these strawberry muffins and freeze them for eating later. Take them on a picnic, or just keep them in the house for those between-meal hunger pangs. Just remember to make enough!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 6 fresh strawberry slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 6 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin with paper baking cups or brush generously with oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift coconut flour, baking soda and salt, whisk to combine. In another medium bowl, add unsweetened coconut milk, stevia, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla, whisk thoroughly. Pour liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients, stir to combine for one minute as coconut flour absorbs liquids. Fold diced strawberries into muffin batter.
- Spoon muffin batter into the prepared tin, smoothing tops, then press a strawberry slice on the top of each. Bake muffins until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool, serve.
Nutritious, tasty snacks like this are what the Candida diet is all about. If you’re looking for more ideas, check out our Ultimate Candida Diet program. It includes more than 100 tasty recipes for every meal and every stage of the Candida diet.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.