This week’s recipe is a satisfying salad that is perfect for hot summer evenings, and it’s packed full of nutrients. It shows how using the right herbs and spices, along with simple, fresh ingredients, can truly create some delicious meals.
If you haven’t tried zucchini noodles before, this is a great introduction. By using a spiralizer to slice the zucchini into long strings, you can create a much healthier alternative to your regular noodles. ‘Zoodles’ are really nutritious, have a low glycemic index, and make a perfect addition to many salads and side dishes.
Zucchini noodles are also gluten-free, which is better than any store-bought noodles you’ll find – your gut will thank you!
One last point. When you’re grilling steak, make sure you don’t blacken the outside. Overcooked meat is not only difficult to digest and bad for your gut, but has also been linked to various cancers.
- 1 medium steak, grilled and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 medium zucchinis cut into “noodles” with a spiral slicer, julienne peeler or mandolin
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup finely minced herbs, like mint, cilantro and parsley
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini noodles, sliced scallions and minced herb mixture. Reserve a few minced herbs for the garnish. Cover salad and chill until ready to serve.
- Make dressing by whisking together olive oil, coconut aminos, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl, or by placing all ingredients in a small jar with a lid and shaking well. Pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss to combine.
- Top salad with strips of thinly sliced grilled steak, sprinkle with herbs, serve immediately.
My Ultimate Candida Diet program includes more than 100 tasty recipes for every meal and every stage of the Candida diet. They are gluten-free, sugar-free, and absolutely delicious! Dr Wood and I have also included lots of valuable advice on how to beat Candida, and which foods to eat and avoid.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes