Popular in Japan, soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour. They are a good source of nutrients like manganese, lean protein, and thiamine. Since buckwheat is a gluten-free grain, soba noodles are a good choice for people following the Candida diet.
When shopping for soba noodles be sure to read the ingredient labels carefully as some soba noodles are made with a combination of buckwheat and wheat flours. Brands like Eden, which contains 100% Buckwheat Soba Noodles, are a good choice.
This recipe also contains a bunch of delicious veggies, full of the nutrients that your body needs to maintain your energy levels and support a healthy immune system. And it’s garnished with cilantro, sesame seeds, and coconut aminos to give it a tasty Asian flavor.
- 4 oz. soba noodles, cooked
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. oil, such as coconut or olive
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallot
- 1 summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into half-moons
- 1 zucchini squash, halved lengthwise and cut into half-moons
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- 4 to 5 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Splash of coconut aminos
- Prepare soba noodles as directed on package. Transfer noodles to a bowl, add sesame oil, toss, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot, summer squash, zucchini squash, celery, yellow pepper, shiitake mushrooms and a good pinch of salt, then sauté until vegetables soften and just begin to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- To serve, transfer noodles to a serving platter and top with sautéed vegetables. Garnish with minced cilantro, sesame seeds and a splash of coconut aminos.
For another variation, soba noodles can be served cold with our cucumber salad.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.