Here’s a great idea for an easy, one pan meal using budget friendly chicken thighs. In our recipe for Golden Baked Chicken and Leeks, chicken thighs baked on a bed of sliced leeks and peppers. As they bake, the chicken thighs release their juices, blending with the turmeric infused coconut milk, creating a delicious golden sauce. The chicken is baked until it is crispy and golden brown, the leeks until they are tender sweet.
A member of the onion family, leeks have their own distinct flavor, delicate like a mild onion with a hint of sweetness. Leeks are a great source of vitamins A, K and C, as well as folate and fiber. Use only the white parts because the darker green parts are too tough to eat. And make sure to rinse the leeks well before using, as dirt can collect between the layers.
The two teaspoons of turmeric in this recipe give it a real anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting kick, as well as that lovely golden color. And it tastes just as good as it looks!
This Golden Baked Chicken and Leeks is a simple and delicious feel-good meal for the times. Serve alongside either cauliflower rice or quinoa, with generous spoonfuls of the creamy and fragrant sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 leeks cut into 1/2 inch slices, white and light green parts only
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, add the unsweetened canned coconut milk, coconut aminos, turmeric, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, set aside.
- Add the leek, red pepper and garlic slices to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Place the chicken thighs skin side up, on top of the vegetables. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered and basting with the coconut milk mixture halfway, until the chicken thighs have become crispy brown and juices run clear, about an hour.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or quinoa.
Recipes like this will make your recovery from Candida so much easier, faster, and more fun! Our Ultimate Candida Diet program is packed full of gluten-free, sugar-free recipes just like this one. There are more than 100 recipes in total, and they’re all perfect for the Candida diet. Learn more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.