Golden Baked Chicken and Leeks
Here’s a great idea for an easy, one pan meal using budget friendly chicken thighs. In our recipe for Golden Baked Chicken and Leeks, chicken thighs baked on a bed of sliced leeks and peppers. As they bake, the chicken thighs release their juices, blending with the turmeric infused coconut milk, creating a delicious golden sauce. The chicken is baked until it is crispy and golden brown, the leeks until they are tender sweet.
A member of the onion family, leeks have their own distinct flavor, delicate like a mild onion with a hint of sweetness. Leeks are a great source of vitamins A, K and C, as well as folate and fiber. Use only the white parts because the darker green parts are too tough to eat. And make sure to rinse the leeks well before using, as dirt can collect between the layers.
The two teaspoons of turmeric in this recipe give it a real anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting kick, as well as that lovely golden color. And it tastes just as good as it looks!
This Golden Baked Chicken and Leeks is a simple and delicious feel-good meal for the times. Serve alongside either cauliflower rice or quinoa, with generous spoonfuls of the creamy and fragrant sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 leeks cut into 1/2 inch slices, white and light green parts only
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, add the unsweetened canned coconut milk, coconut aminos, turmeric, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine, set aside.
- Add the leek, red pepper and garlic slices to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Place the chicken thighs skin side up, on top of the vegetables. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered and basting with the coconut milk mixture halfway, until the chicken thighs have become crispy brown and juices run clear, about an hour.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or quinoa.
Recipes like this will make your recovery from Candida so much easier, faster, and more fun! Our Ultimate Candida Diet program is packed full of gluten-free, sugar-free recipes just like this one. There are more than 100 recipes in total, and they’re all perfect for the Candida diet. Learn more here.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes
This dish was delicious! We’ll certainly have it again.
So easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Perfect for winter.
Wow didn’t realise healthy eating could be this good.
This dish was so delicious! I made this for dinner last night but I left out the red peppers because I don’t tolerate them well. I’m sure it would have been even better with them in. I can’t wait to eat it again for lunch today!
I love this recipe, so easy to make and always goes down a treat. I’ve since swapped the thighs for breast and it works just as well. I only wish they put the calories on all these recipes.
your recipes are amazing. I have a question are we not allowed to eat lentils ?
Thank you for your feedback
I love this recipe. It is a real comforter in the winter time.
Today I made it in the slow cooker with chicken breasts instead. Still just as good !
Delicious indeed! Just like everybody else said. So flavorful like a real Thai curry recipe. So easy to make too! I used skinless boneless thighs and baked the chicken for 1/2 of the amount of time. Removed them and continued to baked the veggies. I nuked frozen broccoli and Mixed it in at the end.